My Custom Salvation mod...the AntiSaint!! (UPDATE content)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymzrock

Reaction score
I drew up the concept art for the Faceplate, Anthony and I have been milling over the internals for a few days now. I'm going after the tone of one of my favorite bands of all time with this one and I couldn't be more excited to see/hear how it turns out! Wanna take a stab?
9F6BE7EC-357D-4656-A6C7-F44B5C1CA557_zpsv7qobsap.jpg

IMG_152869441691217_zpsx5ycon1q.jpeg

Turned out purrrdy bada$$, me thinks.

Chavelle mod, based off a mesa mark?
I'd be interested in something like this, what's the gain like?

It is indeed a Chevelle (Pete Leoffler) mod! I absolutely love Chevelle's tone as it is unique and definitely Mark all the way! After talking to Anthony, it's pretty much taken from your idea, Mattfig! Recto voicing taking the place of the flat setting on the Flat/V Scoop switch. It's just a concept design, and I'll be placing the order as soon as I get my new RM100KH (coming with a S1S0 and two donors). Should be any day now.

Jaymzrock said:
It is indeed a Chevelle (Pete Leoffler) mod! I absolutely love Chevelle's tone as it is unique and definitely Mark all the way! After talking to Anthony, it's pretty much taken from your idea, Mattfig! Recto voicing taking the place of the flat setting on the Flat/V Scoop switch. It's just a concept design, and I'll be placing the order as soon as I get my new RM100KH (coming with a S1S0 and two donors). Should be any day now.

Good choice?.I have to say that Anthony somehow made the recto voicing work REALLY well on the MarkUs giving it an entirely new identity and "taking the blanket off the Mark" tone. I like the blanket, don't get me wrong, it's heavy and oozes metal - but the additional voicing allows you to take that out while keeping all the anger?. :) I think you will be VERY happy with this one?.

Is be interested in a mark +recto voice switch for sure! Care to share how much it costs for such an addition?

It actually isn't an addition...it's just a revision to the Flat/V Scoop switch. It would essentially be a Recto EQ/V Scoop switch. So no additional cost incurred.

Jaymzrock said:
It actually isn't an addition...it's just a revision to the Flat/V Scoop switch. It would essentially be a Recto EQ/V Scoop switch. So no additional cost incurred.

Awesome! Well, I'll keep this in mind for the future for sure!

PLease post a follow up review and clips if possible.

I also love Chevelle's guitar tone.
The Mark IV is used by some my favorite sounding guitarists from Petrucci to Clint Lowery (Sevendust, Dark New Day and Korn)

I couldn't get a sound that I really liked out of the MarkUS.
I have also considered getting one with custom features.
For example, the scoop eq setting is WAY too extreme and found it unusable and its what really makes a mark amp unique along with pre and post gain.

One of the answers I got was that it was based off the MarkII C or something (whatever Hetfield used for most of the records)
But the Mark IV is the amp that does it for me, particularly the early 90's ones

Chevelle have great guitar tone...I bet you're glad this one is on it's way!

Is that your Shiver too? Killer mod...

Looks like Anthony didn't quite understand the graphic you drew.
The upside down "A" is the "V" from the Chevelle logo and has a specific font ....that you drew correctly.
And the symbols were also drawn correctly and muffed and angled by Anthony.
Did he know who Chevelle was when you ordered this?!?

....still want to hear it.
I have my doubts now if he isn't familiar with the band. :?

Latest posts