Egnater T/D?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
Someone educate me on the Egnater T/D module. Twin clean and then Deluxe, which is slightly dirty?
How is the quality? Other thoughts, etc...

I have a D/D module, which they would make on request.

Yes, the T/D module has the Twin on one channel and the Deluxe on the other. The Twin has a ton of headroom, it's very clean. The Deluxe will get dirty for sure and sounds really good when you push the gain up.

I can't offer a tone comparison between the two, but my suspicion is that the Twin would be a little more "sparkly," the Deluxe a little darker.

I found that both channels were quite usable, but they are quite different. The T channel is very clean, deep, and glassy / icy (if that makes sense...) while the D channel is a great deal warmer and notably grittier. Because of this difference, I found this the most difficult stock dual module to dial in because of the shared EQ, which is not normally a problem for me.

Personally, I'd be more likely to use a T/T, or maybe a D/D. But I decided to have a custom clean module made by Rob, which should be here shortly.

Anyway, hope that helps.