SG XTC LE & Fisch mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
Both are highly respected Sacred Groove mods, both are Bogner. How do they sit side by side? Whats characteristically different between them?
Trying to figure out which is better for me.

Everyone's opinion will vary, but here is my take:

The XTC LE is more in the Marshall vein with biting mids and can cut through in a mix great. It also has great clarity. It's extremely versatile given the Plexi, Blue, and Red channels with an additional boost active on the Blue and Red channels. It has extreme fluidity and sustain making it a killer lead tone.

The Fisch is a different, unusually beautiful beast. Scott said some people say it has scooped mids while others think it has too much mids. Personally, I think it has a lot of low mids and a nice top-end leaving it kind of notched in the upper mids. It only has the Strato and Brown channels with no dedicated clean channel like the Plexi on the XTC, but ride the volume knob and it can clean up. The Strato channel is a nice mid gain tone that can get some classic rock tones, but not specifically Marshall like. The Brown channel adds gain and compression, and really makes the tone take-off. The Fisch overall has more sag and an edge to the tone that the XTC doesn't have.

Both great mods, but they sit in different territories. The only solution is to buy both! :D

I've had both and will say that if you want more cleans and plexi tones - XTC. If you want Brown sound and more gain w/sag - Fisch... Tonally, when pushed, they sound similar but the features differentiate...

Hope that helps...