Angel E!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rblyn

Reaction score
So it's new to me anyway...Have been set for awhile with my mods and away from the boards for awhile..but have a need to change it up a bit with some changes to our set list. My comfort zone is "Marshall/Modded Marshall" for sure- so this mod is definitely different. I should have listened to Tony two years ago when I asked him "what mod should I get for something totally different than my current lineup?" His answer? Angel E.... :roll: Seriously, this is right up there dead even (although sounds much different) with the Afterlife for brutal modern high gain and certainly among the best period. Underrated imho. Very impressed with the clarity and accuracy to a real Engl. And how am I going to live without hi mids and low mids in all of my mods now??

Oh yeah....Good score man! Was curious to know what you thought once you got it....

Captures the ENGL tone very well....Now, the question is, how does your playing keep up? Angel E tells every secret about your playing - good or bad.... :)

Mattfig said:
Oh yeah....Good score man! Was curious to know what you thought once you got it....

Captures the ENGL tone very well....Now, the question is, how does your playing keep up? Angel E tells every secret about your playing - good or bad.... :)

YES! It is "unforgiving"...even with ridiculous amounts of gain available ( so much that I have to run it a bit low for rhythm playing) you still need play very clean!! I can keep up but certainly need to pay more attention to what Im doing :D

Couldn't agree more....
The angel E is THE BEST high gain mod...period.
Super versatile and just amazing.
I think I put it a notch higher than my Afterlife.
I'm recording an album right now using the Angel e.
The other guitar player is using a particularly killer sounding Mark IV.
The Mark IV is a bit tighter and more articulate, but the Randall/ Angel E is slightly fatter and ballsy... great tone combination.
I did a LOT of MTS experimenting to narrow down to the Angel E.
Try running at lower gain to tighten it up, especially for recording.
For the recording its down to 10 o'clock and has PLENTY of brutal distortion with passive pickups (no tube screamer needed)

grbassist said:
Couldn't agree more....
The angel E is THE BEST high gain mod...period.
Super versatile and just amazing.
I think I put it a notch higher than my Afterlife.
I'm recording an album right now using the Angel e.
The other guitar player is using a particularly killer sounding Mark IV.
The Mark IV is a bit tighter and more articulate, but the Randall/ Angel E is slightly fatter and ballsy... great tone combination.
I did a LOT of MTS experimenting to narrow down to the Angel E.
Try running at lower gain to tighten it up, especially for recording.
For the recording its down to 10 o'clock and has PLENTY of brutal distortion with passive pickups (no tube screamer needed)

I am actually starting to agree with you grbassist on this mod being "the best" high gainer...I've now had time to dial it in, play it LOUD- try different settings etc. When cranked, the Angel E just HITS YOU IN FACE like a good metal amp should- It holds together on the low end beautifully and the clarity IS the best I've heard from a mod. Very 3D/Organic. You can actually get some nice clean tones and the 4 band EQ is just bad@ss! You can really fine tune "your" sound... I mentioned that you're mistakes will be apparent but that's typical of many high end amps that have excellent clarity (ever played an SLO? That's a fine example of an amp that can make you sound like &*^&* if you're chops arent sharp because the notes are so defined) Same here with this mod (no, it doesnt sound like an SLO, just same concept) So that's just after a few days with it- Im sure I can coax even more tones out of it- Also, I have only used my SED EL34/GT KT88 power tube combo...Will also try some other high end tubes to see what I get but I love what I hear so far!

Has anyone tried the Salvation Chupacabra? if so whats your opinion?
Im new to the MTS world, I have a Randall MR 100 I have ordered the Jaded Faith Ubersonic, Snakebite, Texas special, and Im waiting for delivery, EXCITED!!!
I was going to order a few Salvation mods to see if what I liked better...

Im ordering the Angle E, Custom 3, Camerock, Legend, and was thinking about getting the Chupacabra or Mr.Boga, not sure...

any thoughts? Thanks

also for my Randall RM 100, and Jaded Faith modules, what would you recommend for a speaker cab?
I like extremely Heavy Metal, Iv been playing 28 years, I like to "try" n play fast and articulate...
what r the best speaker choices?
I was thinking of just going with a Vintage 30 4x12,