New Song Tone Test!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobfnjob

Reaction score
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm5dnbth6r970h8/HOH%20new%20guitar%20tone.mp3

I've been in the studio with my band Hound of Hades (feel free to look us up on FB!) and here's a tone test on a clip of a new song.

I just used the Ultra XL module for my Randall which you can isolate on the left and a Peavey 6505 is on the right. Same guitar was used on both sides, it's a Dean Dave Mustaine VMNT with EMGs instead of the stock Mustaine pups.

When we first tracked we experimented with a Randall ISO cab, but the tone was really really lacking. All the bass escaped and left the tone super thin. We reamped (I hate reamping personally but we had no choice) through a Genz Benz 4?12 that a buddy let us use.

Anyways let me know what you fellow Randall players think. I've been a Randall guy since the start and am super happy with the punch I got outta this thing in the studio!

6pb8eg.jpg

Thanks for the kind words gentz!

I love these forums because people here are actually open minded. Seems to be one of the few places where metal, rock, blues, jazz and other style players can all post stuff without getting ripped on for not being a certain style.

Thanks again. I will post the full song when it's done. There'll be some leads on it, which I am always happy to show off lol.

Metal up yer ***! \m/ :twisted: \m/

Sounds wicked as anything, nice job.

Sounds sick man. I used to have the same heads at the same time as well. My band plays similar music. 8)

kylendm said:
Sounds sick man. I used to have the same heads at the same time as well. My band plays similar music. 8)

Thanks man! What's your band's name? I'll check it out!