Running effects pedals with RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roodyrocker

Reaction score
I'm wiring up my pedal board and was wondering about the best way to run my effects pedals with the RM100. Right now I have it this way:
Guitar output>Fulltone Wah>Fulltone OCD (distortion pedal)>BBE Sonic Maximizer pedal>Rocktron Hush pedal>RM100 input. Then I have my Fulltone ChoralFlange, Guyatone mini delay, and Holy Grail Reverb going through the effects loop. Is this the way you guys would run it? I know the manual says the loops are intended for rack effects rather than pedals, should I leave the time based effects pedals in the loop? Would I be better off moving the other pedals to the series loop? I have not lost volume by putting the pedals in the loop as the manual says may happen with some floor/tabletop effects so that hasn't been an issue. Just looking for cleanest way to run these effects. BTW, I don't use all these effects at once all the time, I just use what I need for particular songs, my band does mainly 80's hard rock covers.
Thanks.

The rocktron HUSH pedal is designed to go through the effects loop and not through the front input! I called their tech dept when I had one and they told me it's designed for signal noise in the effects loop when running effects there and not through the front input. Please check with them but I think your chain might be a little wrong.

Pete

roodyrocker said:
I'm actually thinking of moving it and the BBE into the effects loop. Just haven't tried it that way yet.

Festus is right about the HUSH. The BBE is also supposed to be run in the effects loop and last in the chain but I don't know whether it would go after a HUSH or before. I have a HUSH built into my Xpression and I run the BBE last in my effects loop after that. Sounds wicked!! I would probably try your time based effects in the loop followed by the HUSH and then the BBE last.

My time based effects are in the loop. I was actually thinking of running the HUSH pedal last, the BBE just before it. I was thinking that because depending on your BBE settings you could get more noise with it on than when its off so you would want the noise gate to be able to silence that. If the BBE was last then the rig might be quiet with the BBE off but noisy when you kick it on. That is unless you set the BBE to a setting that isn't noisy and just leave it there, on all the time.