Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doornat

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this straight up the most useless stock module there is? I seriously can't even get a halfway decent tone outta this thing! I've tried everything. I love the Disturbed tone but I can seem to even get close with it ;___;

Really? Of all the stock mods......this is the only one I ever liked....well the judge was ok too.....

Before we all started doing modded mods, the 1086 was one of the best. Strange what happens with time.

....aaand I hated the 1086 and 1087, strange how these things grab ya.

Love my Mr Scary and Grail though.....still have them after being them new.

Meh, didnt really like it...I had 4 of them. When I compare to my other mods, its muddy. Also plays a bit stiff for my tastes. FWIW, my buddy got the Plexi Plus and all of the same issues are there- Exactly the same module with no enhancements...

yeah the 1086 is a tricky mod. You love or hate it. For me I hate it live in room just jamming and stuff, but recorded I really dig the tone. I have a 1087 that is 1086 on steroids. I end up using it on the lower gain so more like the 1086 but the voicing channel isn't as mudded out as 1086. EQ can fix all that **** in the mix. So yeah its just another mod that sounds roughly like all other mods to me.

Is it just because I was trying to use it for high gain stuff? Seems like people use is as more on just an overdrive that a balls out distortion.

doornat said:
Is it just because I was trying to use it for high gain stuff? Seems like people use is as more on just an overdrive that a balls out distortion.

To me, it doesnt have a ton of gain and does seem to break up quite a bit when you push the gain too high. On the topic of 1086's- I just got this module "CHEAP"!! I didnt even know if was modded when I bought it- Seller did not specify- Anyway, I got it and asked him if he had any details on who modded it (no answer) Thing is, this is the 5th 1086 I've had now- 3 stock and one JF modded...this one is different than any of them and sounds killer! I see several areas where this module was modded but there is no sticker or writing anywhere.... Anyone have any ideas as to who might have done it? Very clean work- And this thing sounds better than any of the previous versions (and did I say I got it stupid cheap?) Anyone??

So heard back from seller on the mod above...and he didnt know it was modded! :) I was hoping that he might have some info. So back to square one in trying to figure out who did this awesome work.

Honestly, looks like one of Pete's mods but in the end there were many people copying that kind of mod or trying their own hand that unless it has a signature then hard to prove who did it.

JKD said:
Honestly, looks like one of Pete's mods but in the end there were many people copying that kind of mod or trying their own hand that unless it has a signature then hard to prove who did it.

It crossed my mind....It has parts in there that look like Pete's, JF or even Hillgain (some of the brown resistors he used a lot are on there) Did Pete usually put some initials or something? Im gonna guess its probably someone not from this board-FWIW- The soldering and work is done very well.

suphuckers said:
awesome mod? just looks like someone changed a few caps etc. Just sayin LoL

Edit: I mean those "brown resistors" are just old carbon comp resistors (...which really aren't even that good. I have a box of them if you wanna buy them LoL)

Yep...awesome mod...and I think its got a few other obvious changes too besides the carbon comp.resistors. (Eganter uses a lot of these in his mods) This one you would like...great for drop tuned type stuff. Reminds me of the JF modded 1086 I had and also plays and feels a bit like my old Salvo.Angel E.

rblyn said:
suphuckers said:
awesome mod? just looks like someone changed a few caps etc. Just sayin LoL

Edit: I mean those "brown resistors" are just old carbon comp resistors (...which really aren't even that good. I have a box of them if you wanna buy them LoL)

Yep...awesome mod...and I think its got a few other obvious changes too besides the carbon comp.resistors. (Eganter uses a lot of these in his mods) This one you would like...great for drop tuned type stuff. Reminds me of the JF modded 1086 I had and also plays and feels a bit like my old Salvo.Angel E.

Oh and I'll pass on those parts lol