Re-in love my 1086

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlok

Reaction score
It was the first module I got and it's the only high gain module I have kept stock. It sat in the box for quite a while and the other day I pulled it out thinking about if I should have it base modded, or turned into a Stein+ (which I'm dying for), or...

Well, I put it in the RM100 with my Erect and MarkX and realized.. again... That I'd be an idiot to do anything to it. It still stands up to any of my modded modules IMO. I may get another to see what a base mod would do to it, but I'm afraid to touch this one and lose its mojo.. Love this module!!

Yep,

Out of all the modules I have, that is the one I play most.

And I almost never bought one because I hate Disturbed!!! :lol:

I have one to sell if interested. All stock and like you I have been saving it. I think the 1086 and the super v are the best stock modules available. Oh the blackface as well for a good clean or pedal module. Sound great for fuzz. Pm me if interested, have to think about price though. Whatever they are going for these days.

Steel City Psycho - That's funny. I didn't even know who Dan Donnegan was when I got mine..

Mike361 - Thanks for the offer. But if I do anything it will be towards getting a Stein+. Which hopefully could happen soon..

I hated it when I first got it. Got way better when I added an EQ in the loop. Took that out when I added a JF Foglifter and loaded up with my modded modules. Then it sat for quite a while. Pulled it out and I love it again.. Great for downtuning (I don't do much) and love how it doesn't get flubby in the bottom end. Sounds way better cranked than bedroom levels. So now I just crank it in a bedroom.. lol

I liked the 1086 from day one. I like it so much I got a 1087. Now what to do? Keep both or sell the 1086? :D They both sound awesome however they are somewhat different yet the same. The 1087 for sure has gobs more gain and not leaving the building.

-Charlie

How is the noise on the 1087? I remember long ago I was looking at doing the added gain mod from the mods page (piggyback or replace a resistor I think) but read that it made the module pretty noisy.

The 1087 I have doesn't seem to be any noisier than other modules when cranking the gain.

I think the mod you refer to is the R16. If my 1087 has a mod to that part of the circuit it is not apparent.