MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lynch Box Bass Amp?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scary groove
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Lynch Box Bass Amp? Reply with quote

I have a 50W Lynch Box that I do not need. The prices on MTS amps have been kinda crap lately. I was thinking about getting Rob's SVP module and changing the Lynch Box speaker to a bass speaker. Essentially turning my LB combo into a bass combo. I know noting about cabinets for guitar vs bass. What do you think? Would it sound decent?
JF: 59RR Platinum, Tweed, GrailTone, Vybe Deluxe, Venom, Brahma 39
Salvation: Camerock, Slavado Deluxe
Sacred Groove: Afterlife, MKII
Stock: Mr. Scary, Grail, Brahma, Judge
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Corium_AZ
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I plugged my bass players bass into my RM100, through my vybe deluxe, and it killed! Massive bass, great tone, much better than his bass rig - he was floored, lol. This was through my Zinky 4x12. I'm sure if you ran it thru a decent bass cab, it's sound great. But, I'd personally think that 50W may be a little underpowered to push the kind of air needed for bass, but hell, who knows? Give it a shot. If you've got a good tight 2x12 (my 4x12 is basically two smallish, tight, 2x12's stacked in one cab) I'd try thru that with a cleanish mod, just to get a feel for how it might sound.

Budda Superdrive 45, Orange Rocker 30, Zinky 4x12, '72 Deluxe Tele and MIJ Greco LP Custom
The Rossness
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 watts ain't going to do it. I've got a 250 watt rig and I think it lacks headroom. That said it is a SS amp.

2 RM100's with Salvo Stonerverb, Cammerock, and MarkUS,
EVH 5153, TC Electronic BG250, Markbass CMD 2x10p, Fryette Pitbull CL100 w/ EQ

WTB: Framus, Buddy, Terrier
Kapo_Polenton
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it has less to do about watts and more the circuit itself.. case in point, I had a traynor YBA-1. Beofre I modded it, it clearly was a bass amp. Tons of clear pure tone. Pair that with a 15 inch speaker and that was what it was intended to do. After I modded it for breakup sooner and less bass, it was very plexi like. Kind of regret selling it sometimes but i needed the cash to finish my stairs (which i subsequently butchered and I feel they look like $hit)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Signature Artist MTS Models All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: