PRS Archon

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doornat

Reaction score
We just four of them, and sold all four in two days haha, in my shop, and holy crap. These amps are friggin' incredible. I'm definitely gonna buy one, but ya know what would be awesome? A PRS Archon module. I would totally buy one. Probably even two. How do we go about making this happen?

Also if anyone is interested, here's my little review/rundown that I posted on the Guitar Talk facebook page that I admin for.

100 watts, switchable down to 50 watts, of 6L6 tube power. Not only is it made in the USA, but it's handwired point to point. At 1800 bucks, it's a steal for something of that quality.

A/B'd it next to the 5150 50 watt. It's way less saturated. The clean on the Archon, I hate to say it considering the EVH is a Fender product at it's core, is way fucking better. Like it's not even close. BUT it has the advantage of not having two channels tied to the EQ. I'll have to play it next to the 100 watt EVH to test my theory. The PRS has depth and presence controls, like the 5153 and RM series (the depth is equal to the resonance knob), so it gets awesome at very low volumes. The lows are slightly mushy but don't get flubby, a lot like your Mesa rectifiers, BUT retains the high end clarity like a Marshall. Kick the mids and the bright switch and the amp sounds like it's running on EL34s instead of the 6L6s it comes stock with.

I played three guitars through it. My own Custom 22 10 top, (Had to play a PRS through it!), a Custom Shop Catalina Les Paul, and the newer Ibanez Premium Universe. (Side note, never ever buy that shitty *** Universe. Refer to the video I posted a few days ago.) The cabinet we used for a fair fight were two EVH 1x12s, with the stock heritage Celestions, and the only pedal we ran was a TC Electronics Hall of Fame Reverb mini. (I used the reverb only AFTER concluding the initial shootout.)

Any questions?

I'd say it's best for hard rock and metal based solely on the overdrive. But the clean channel is amazing enough to use for just about anything else. It takes pedals like a champ so don't be afraid to snarl a Tubescreamer through it