Salvation 1666 and jaded faith XMG+ shootout

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amesav

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duONghVMcwA&feature=youtu.be hey guys just done a quick clip of both mods ,Salvation 1666 is on the left and jaded faith XMG+ on the right ,let me know ya opinions thanks

Alex

Great comparison, it's clear you can dial them in quite similar. I had the 1666 a few years back, and I don't think there's a heavier mod out there, esp with with it's low end.
Mmmm.....might have to pick one up again....
Arrrgh, what have you done!?!?!

Also been thinking about the XMG+ a lot, and it sounds great. It's clear why Rob hasn't made an EnGL type mod, he's basically got it there!

buriedorburned said:
Great comparison, it's clear you can dial them in quite similar. I had the 1666 a few years back, and I don't think there's a heavy mod out there, esp with with it's low end.
Mmmm.....might have to pick one up again....
Arrrgh, what have you done!?!?!

Also been thinking about the XMG+ a lot, and it sounds great. It's clear why Rob hasn't made an EnGL type mod, he's basically got it there!
thanks mate for your input ,The XMG+ is an absolute beast ,Its got a huge bottom and cuts through amazingly,The salvation 1666 has more gain on tap and sounds killer too ,And your right about the ENGL comparison on the XMG+ also its amazingly quiet for such a high gain mod

Nice video....I enjoyed the tones from both mods...The 1666 still sounds great even though it's been improved upon with Chupacabra....The XMG+ sounds good too - when I had one I that it did the ENGL thing alright...The notes just always sounded gated to me....And yes, I know there is no gate...I guess it's that I am not used to such a quiet high gainer... ??? ... Perhaps I just don't play with German-flavored tone very well...

Mattfig said:
Nice video....I enjoyed the tones from both mods...The 1666 still sounds great even though it's been improved upon with Chupacabra....The XMG+ sounds good too - when I had one I that it did the ENGL thing alright...The notes just always sounded gated to me....And yes, I know there is no gate...I guess it's that I am not used to such a quiet high gainer... ??? ... Perhaps I just don't play with German-flavored tone very well...
. Yep I agree with ya about the gated notes ,especially for soloing ,but for rythem playing its great ,thanks for your input Matt appreciate it

Nice work Alex. Next time you come round we might have to film the whole high gain shootout we had going yesterday.

davetheslave said:
Nice work Alex. Next time you come round we might have to film the whole high gain shootout we had going yesterday.
thanks Dave sounds like a plan ,I'll bring my recorder for sure !!!

amesav said:
Mattfig said:
. Yep I agree with ya about the gated notes ,especially for soloing ,but for rythem playing its great ,thanks for your input Matt appreciate it

I thought I was the only one who'd had that experience with the XMG. I couldn't get a fluid lead sound out of it at all.

Latest posts