Another Rig open to critique

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube Head

Reaction score
I love the sound of my rm 100 with no effects and can really notice the tone suck when I use my gt6 (4 cable method). This is my rig now.

-Gibson howard roberts fusion III
-PLanet waves chord 20'
-boss gt6
-3 30' chords for 4 cable method
-rm 100 6l6 biased to 34 blackface (no stripe on faceplate) plexi (no stripe) and newer ultra
-behringer ultrastack 412

New rig Idea
-Gibson
-hk tube factor or tc electronic vpd1 for boost switchable by fcb1010
-Morley tremonti power wah
-rm100
- tc electronic g magor set to killdry placed in paralell fx loop for dly rv cho ect.
-fcb1010 midi contoler
- Carl martin swithchable noise gate in series loop
-New 412?

Any insight is greatly apreciated.

That sounds like it will be a pretty killer setup. I almost bought one of those Tremonti wahs but opted for the Weeping Demon. I really like it and it is very versatile. You will definately like the G Major better than that GT6 and it is way more compatable with the RM.

RMC-3 Teese Wah - most versatile, authentic, and tone preserving wah you'll ever find. Expensive though....then there's the wait to have it made...but I have one!

For a high end Wah I recommend the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe. Awesome sounding wah that does not rob you of your tone when off. As was mentioned about the Teese, its expensive but anymore I just can't deal with tone robbing pedals. If its a tone sucker off the pedal board and onto E-Bay it goes :)

Yeah that and if you read articles written by guys who know what they are talking about (i.e. pete cornish, the guy who makes REALLY nice albeit uber expensive pedals, he's creating the newest custom pedal board for Gilmour and that guy is picky about his effects! :shock: ) they point out that true bypass isn't all that it's cracked up to be. If you look at the greats, did they have true bypass pedals in the 60's, 70's and 80's? Not so much, but how many amazing recordings and live performances are out there? :roll: Hehehe just my .02's from what I've learned. :D

Btw, if you're looking for a cheap minty Morley wah, I have a Morley Bad Horsie II w/ Contour knob (very similar but not totally the same as the tremonti, it's switchless as well which is a great feature) for sale up on eBay starting at $75 and I'm including the morley power adapter too! :wink:

Oooops! Might have spoken too soon, the wah is actually sold now pending payment, another friend on a different forum just pulled the trigger! :lol:

G Magor is on the way. I have decided to include the planet waves tuner pedal in the rig. It looks prety good and features true bypass. I am wondering if the rm100's loops use trs balanced cables. when i plug in it feels like it is. I didnt see it mentioned in the manual does anyone know?

Tube Head said:
G Magor is on the way. I have decided to include the planet waves tuner pedal in the rig. It looks prety good and features true bypass. I am wondering if the rm100's loops use trs balanced cables. when i plug in it feels like it is. I didnt see it mentioned in the manual does anyone know?
The TC G-Major is a marvelous piece of gear, albeit it lacks the flexibility of the ever powerful G-force.

Sometimes you want the buffering that happens in non true-bypass pedals to help with driving long cable runs. You are probably better off with a mix - but the buffers have to be well designed.

In the end use your ears don't always fall for the true bypass marketing hype.

joey_truelove said:
Tube Head said:
The TC G-Major is a marvelous piece of gear, albeit it lacks the flexibility of the ever powerful G-force.

I sold my G-Force and bought the G-System...I'm still pissed off that I lost the intelligent pitch shifter...and it has major grounding issues in my rack.

It seems to me that having a power conditioner such as a furman pm8 is very importantfor maintaining good tone. Does anyone use a power conditioner? Is it really worth the money?

l_3296c5c9e2fbb4ad5798b62a9a079b49.jpg

So here it is. The amp is complete and it sounds amazing. The pedalboard is still under construction. Thanks to all the forumites who contribute, the knowledge collected on this forum has proved to be indispensable.

What you see here is:
Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion III
Randall RM100 W/ 1086, Blackface and Ultra Modules
Randall XL R412XLT Cab

Pedal board will be RF4, Ibanez Weaping Demon Wah
Visual Sound Visual Volume
Akai Headrush E2
Roland GR33
Canare Cables

The tracking is very good though it took some getting used to. Currently I am plugging the gr33 into the return of the parallel fx loop. This bypasses the pre-amp and my FX.

I plug the GR-33's guitar out to my amp input and send another signal from the GR-33 to either the PA direct live or to a Peavey keyboard amp. Do you know of any websites to download some good settings/patches for the GR-33? More specifically some stuff to use for cover songs. For example, Judas Priest's Turbo Lover?
Usually I use my GR-33 mainly for piano and string sounds.

Well the pedalboard is complete. The controller is from a HK switchblade.
l_4a02914c8f3f78f32d8a475d01713876.jpg

Traded my Gmajor for the Xpression due to reliability .
l_64feff35cd0a2c67354a799bdc806560.jpg