Has anyone done any Twinface demos??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I am so torn between the Twinface, Selma, Supra, Voxyface, and Vamp that I'm getting sick. I have only one mod that I can do at this time. what I need is a workhorse sound that I can lean on in times of general rock tone needs. I have a few stellar overdrive pedals to push me into light saturation and compression while keeping it crisp. I want a Twin sound but really don't comprehend from the available clips if the mod is as useful as a true twin as I think it is. The Vamp and Selma may give me similar, albeit thinner tones, but may beef up in a more useful way.......

Also the Deluxe amp is great for country rock which happens from time to time

anyone have something to listen to, or opinions about it?

thanks

bump.....

anyone want to give me the skinny? does it really sound like a 68 silver face twin? torn between twinface, vamp and Supra. if the Twinface really does not do actual spanky fender and grit then I'll go for one of the other mods for fun alone.

I need a rock utilty Fender mod. Had a Vybe, did not spank. squished yes but spanked, no

I borrowed one briefly, and I loved it. I wasn't crazy about the Deluxe or Pushed modes, but the Twin mode with the mojo switch on warm was where it was at as far as I was concerned. With the gain at 3 you got nice spanky cleans, and with the gain cranked you got raunchy, ballsy dirt. The only thing I would caution you about, though, is that it probably won't sound quite as spanky as a silverface Twin. It's a tad mellower than that. I like spanky clean tones, and there was plenty of that there for my tastes, but you may be different.

Thanks for that review. I suppose I could get a bit more spank from my clean boost with the treble bumped up. the Vybe's pushed was not my taste either, I suppose it's that circuit, some like it and some don't, never understood why it's there instead of an actual boost type circuit (or maybe that's exactly what it is). I always like a good Deluxe and thought the stock Deluxe was pretty good. if the Twinface is an improvement over that I would be happy.

I'm going Selma until later for the Twin