The Dregs? ?Cruise Control? by Hectic Watermelon live

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
The Dregs? ?Cruise Control? by Hectic Watermelon live.

Here we is running through the classic Dixie Dregs tune, ?Cruise Control,? on 28 July, in honor of Steve Morse?s birthday! We were at the beloved Lestat?s here in Normal Heights that everybody likes to play because of the sound guy, Louis Brazier. There?s a ton of ground to try to cover as a trio on this tune, but we are giving it our best college try while rushing the **** out of it! As usual, I exploit the Switchblade and two Egnater heads to pop between good old SL rhythm with Rock Organ stabs, to a different SB preset that begins with a boosted SL lead in head A (with some modulated delay from the Eclipse) and pops back to the SL rhythm tone in head B with the organ added to it for the call and response figures. I use the cool feature on the Axxess FX-1 of having multiple physical controllers controlling the same EXP on the Switchblade. In this case, the Boss FS 5U pedals are set to both momentary and latching. Also, an Ernie Ball Volume pedal is also assigned to EXP 1 on the Switchblade so I can fade, like on the intro of the tune.

John forgot to post a warning about this clip. It may cause your computer to blow up and if you are at work it may set of the fire alarms because it SMOKES!!!!!

That was great John, Steve would be happy. I love the B3 jabs.

Nice! There is nothing better than a band locked in like that. For a trio you guys sound huge. You and your band are very talented my friend!

Thanks for sharing!