Camerock Satch Boogie

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a suggestion for these demo videos, if I might... I really think that, at least the three or four released so far, are waaay too overloaded with 'shredding'. IMO, once I've heard a lead line/tone for 10 seconds, I think that pretty much does it - as far as any kind of useful tone demonstration goes. Unless the primary market is '80's cover band lead guitarists, it's really not that helpful, lol. It's fun, and sounds cool, and demonstrates said guitarists chops, but doesn't do too much to show me what a module/amp/guitar etc is capable of. I for one would appreciate more comprehensive demos, showing the various tones (as Fig and others often have done in the past) available in a mod - both on the lead and rhythm side. For instance, I'd love to hear what that 50OR can do, but the demo doesn't help me at all... Same for the Vishnu - I now know what it sounds like as a shred machine, via a Jackson guitar - but nothing else (and I'm guessing it's a rather versatile mod?).

Not trying to offend anyone, as I know these things are the result of significant time investment - just trying to help y'all out I guess. And, I for one, would like to really hear what these mods can do as Salvation's demos are/were often the same way...

Thanks Corium,
Point taken, and we have some other styles lined up for more vids for the coming weekend.
Thank you for the suggestion!
Johnny

iekobrid said:
For my money, the benchmark for product demos is Prymaxe Vintage vids like these:

http://youtu.be/Kk5pz4JVg7o

http://youtu.be/LT9L5mJecRI

A variety of tones, instruments, styles and settings, often demonstrating how layers are built up in a recorded track. Sometimes I pull up their (his?) playlist and just let it run for recreational listening. :)

I completely agree - they do the best demos, and I always check to see if they have one for something I'm eyeing. A British guy, Josh Waibaut (sp?) does great demos too.