Module Protective Case

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfgobbi

Reaction score
Here is a cool idea I had to keep my unmounted modules safe... a much better alternative to the Randall bag.

20140619_091401.jpg

20140619_091444.jpg

Buy a SKB 3i series case at least 7 inch deep with cubed (pluck type) foam inside. Mine is a 3i 2015 7B. Costs about 150. Fits 12-16 modules depending on how close together you want them. I like to keep them far apart to keep the foam more rigid. Just pluck the cubed foam to fit the board all the way to the back of the front plate - but not the front plate, like you see in the pic. Very effective and easy.

buriedorburned said:
I'm looking for something like that. How'd you do it?

Does anyone know of a case that holds two or four modules? Two would be best as I love to carry a couple of different modules on a live gig.

A Tube Cube from Tube Depot would definitely do the trick for up to 4 modules. I have one with my spare tubes in it. Just sized it with a spare faceplate and it'll fit 4 like a dream. Same pluck type foam, genuine Pelican case and errrything.

20140818_014842_zpslrglbjuj.jpg

Is the cube tube deep enough to hold modules in a straight up position - I mean facing the lid?

Standard tube cube, and it is actually the perfect depth to fit snugly. I just took out the foam for the slot in my cube and slid one of my modules in it. Like a glove.

Below you can see the slot, the module in it...and you can see in the bottom portion the top foam snugly holds the knobs, etc. I've closed it fully, it's not too tall to damage switches, etc. There is also a small layer of bottom foam to cushion the contacts on the module. I think I'm gonna get me another one of these!

20140818_114032_zpsvyi8jsmh.jpg