• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade Salvado DLX + (Voice switch)----traded

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
ok, so I have a Slavado Dlx +. The + is the added Voice switch changes the mid, and I think a bit of the bass structure. All of the switches and tone setting depend on the gain settings, so, with various combos of the 4 switches and 5 knobs you can have a huge variation of great Saldano tones. Anthony or Mr. Figg can explain the + deal, as there are only a few of these in existence

Why do I want to trade it? well, it's too much gain for me. While it's **** fun to hear and play, I can't really use it with my style. I may regret it down the line as I remember how great it is, but It gets very little usage in my set, if any.

What I'm looking for: Low to mid gain vintage mods, in particular.....

Supra
Twinface
Duoplex
Shiver
Baseman
XTC (for the Blue Channel)
or
other low to mid gain mods considered

Perhaps you have one of these thinking it would be great to have a vintage, low gain mod but can't get into it. I'm the guy you want to talk to

What I think is great about the Salvado is that it can do cleanish crunch, even the SRV or clapton 80's sound very well, but really excels at all out Soldano style gain. warm, or cool with tons of clarity and harmonics. It really breathes

http://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-vdnF3V4bbXcm8wZGRDbXZoemM&usp=sharing[/img]

fyi, here is a demo I found online. I don't know anything about this guy or the demo but...... ****...

https://soundcloud.com/jorisgrifioen/speedhammer-salvado-dlx

I already have a Salvado Deluxe. Is the + an existing soldano preamp feature or Antonin's added feature? If the extra tone is worthy, I cpuld think about a trade. Would you be interested in a Camerock? I have the production numbet 2 just wirh a couple of small face paint flaws. It can go from vintage 4 input plexi to arredondo/Friedman type cascaded gain heaven.

Regards,

withmittens said:
fyi, here is a demo I found online. I don't know anything about this guy or the demo but...... ****...

https://soundcloud.com/jorisgrifioen/speedhammer-salvado-dlx

I'm not exactly sure what the + is all about. to me it is an extra juicy switch. it seems to add more bass and mid harmonics, allowing for a deeper, resonant distortion sound. The mod is overall very impressive, I think Figg knows exactly what the + is intended to do, I believe he had the first + model

I think the Camerock sounds fun but I worry that it would get me another heavy gain thing, if it really does classic early Marshall 4 input then yes, but I wonder if it will be organic, I think it's intended to be a high gainer, tight and all. the Rhodie, now that's another thing altogether, I'd consider that

I think you'd need to decide if the + (voice) feature was worth it to you. sounds cool to me, but then I can't get the thing in use with the band, we don't go into high gain land