JF Snakebite or Ubersonic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Help me out! I'm torn between getting a Snakebite or the Ubersonic. I'm by far more of a lead player than rhythm, but I do both. I want something crushing and heavy, but it needs to be able to do leads. I have a JF XTC and I love it. Now I want the next level (or may three levels) up. Give me your opinions. Even if it isn't in my title.

Hey Dude - I'd recommend the Stein+, it does not get much love round here but it's brutal. Got it and a Snakebite at the same time, didn't gel with the Snakebite at all. Can't comment on the Ubersonic (yet, mines on order) but I do have an afterlife (SG's take on the uberschall) and it just does not cut in the mix that well (kind of like the uberschall IMHO)!

Stein+ FTW :twisted:

I was looking at the Stein+ also so I'm glad you put it out there. I'll be interested to hear what you have to say once you get your Ubersonic. What didn't you like about the Snakebite?

niassist said:
I was looking at the Stein+ also so I'm glad you put it out there. I'll be interested to hear what you have to say once you get your Ubersonic. What didn't you like about the Snakebite?

Way too many options for me, I like to get in the ballpark of the tone I'm looking for refine from there, but the snakebite has so many options that all interact with each other even getting in the ballpark was challenging for me!

Tone wise the snakebite could sound good but I found getting there a struggle - my Stein+ I dialed in pretty much in 5 minutes and was playing mouth for war about 6 minutes in :)

Just my thoughts and I am something of a Luddite - I sure others love tweaking knobs for ages to get that sound :D