DIY Cabs?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lintycreep

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience building their own cabs? Just wondering how they turned out. Is it worth the time researching and building or are you better off buying in the long run? Any recommended places on the web for plans?

Thanks for the response. Got the skills and most of the tools... after a little research, it seems like not having speakers and miscellaneous parts laying around drive the costs up way too much. Plus the be honest, I don't want to waste my time on something that sounds only OK. I'm sure if I built a few of them, I'd get it down, but I only wanna do it once :lol: I think I may be better off trolling Craigslist or keeping an an eye out on Avatar's ebay. Thanks!

Instead of building from scratch, I recommend finding used cabs on craiglist and refurbishing them. I got an empty 80's carvin 4x12 (marshall copy) with solid plywood and new casters for like $20 on craigslist. Sounds awesome after ripping out some insulation and junk wiring. There are deals to be had!

You'd be saving a decent cab from the landfill, can customize it yourself and all of the 12" speaker holes are cut :)

That's the route I'm going... Hope I can get something for $20!!! Nice find!!! :D