PCBs that fit into Randall slot

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durchgedreht

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a MTS newbie, but was wondering if some other guys except JF and Salvo did some modules on their own for PRIVATE purpose. I understand one needs to pay licenses for modules, but I'm more interested into a prototyping platform to play around with some Preamp schematics and modifications on my own.

So I looked at the boards and they do look pretty much standard, wondering if there's PCBs fitting in directly. I have CNC machining, so modding PCBs to fit wouldn't be a big deal either.

Thanks

I know the original Randall modules are made by some company in MN, so maybe they could help (can't recall the name right now). Or email Bruce Egnater directly at [email protected] since he is in control again these days.

The only other suggestion would be to find a used module and strip it down. Keep in mind there are a few different PCB base designs: clean, gainy (marshall-based), mesa-based, and bogner based. Though I may be wrong on how many base variations there are, email rob @ jadedfaith mods and he can help for sure.

Best option seems to strip down modules. Did the Topboost mod from grailtone page itself which I really like and started a Kitty Hawk Quattro mod (Crunch Channel that I liked, but not own anymore), but still pending.

I'm not suggesting you do this for profit, just perhaps curiosity or testing your own ideas, but you could draw the circuit board and find someone on DIY Stompbox forum or Madbean forum to etch you the board. I've had a couple of guys over there do this for various pedals. I know the rights belong to Bruce but maybe you could ask him if that would be alright. he may not mind, seeing that the effort would be a pain in the *** to replicate too much