The M4 rig is back....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKD

Reaction score
....sigh, after selling all this down, I'm back to 31 modules and a handful of MTS amps. The latest inbound was this M4 with Voxless, EG5 and SL2X:

6A92F2E8-6BD5-4BDB-A9AD-D8B06ABED161_zpsbxv5c09l.jpg

Hard to complain, it sounds glorious at anywhere from low to moderate to high volume...GOld Lion KT88s and MDA in the RM50 into the Randall XL cab with G12h30 and v30! \m/

Love some KT88s...I bet that rig sounds great. Always wanted to try the EG5...How does that mod compare to the Salvado? I've heard the EG5 is kind of Soldano sounding..

rblyn said:
Love some KT88s...I bet that rig sounds great. Always wanted to try the EG5...How does that mod compare to the Salvador? I've heard the EG5 is kind of Soldano sounding..

They can certainly be dialed into that territory...as can the Mr Scary.

I would say the Salvado has much more raunchy mids and the EG5 is thinner, more modern sounding.

I've tried making clips before and you can barely tell the difference there but then I'm recording with a camera.

Nice... How do you like the MC pickups? I run Bare Knuckles in my Les Paul Custom & EB Axis.. I love 'em

dcg8 said:
Nice... How do you like the MC pickups? I run Bare Knuckles in my Les Paul Custom & EB Axis.. I love 'em

I have only ever tried the Afwayu...from years ago when Jeff Hilligan recommended them to me.

JKD said:
dcg8 said:

I have only ever tried the Afwayu...from years ago when Jeff Hilligan recommended them to me.

Speaking of Jeff- Havent seen of heard anything from him a a while. About 6 months ago, I was emailing back and forth about making me a Snorkeler (another mod I really regret selling) and havent heard back. I guess he's probably done with the MTS stuff... JKD- You still have your Snork? Im jealous! One bad @ss mod.

You might try Scott for a Fisch, I don't know if he's still able to do these, but since he's building mods to sell via MotorCityMods?

rblyn said:
JKD said:
dcg8 said:

Speaking of Jeff- Havent seen of heard anything from him a a while. About 6 months ago, I was emailing back and forth about making me a Snorkeler (another mod I really regret selling) and havent heard back. I guess he's probably done with the MTS stuff... JKD- You still have your Snork? Im jealous! One bad @ss mod.

I have a collection of Bogner'ish stuff now it seems

Hilly XTC
SG XTC LE
JF XTC
Salvo Dual Shiver

The Facelift mode on the Dual Shiver can be dialed for the grind, doesn't sound quite the same as the Hilly XTC but yeah, the Snorkeler is awesome! \m/

Hit the WAH and can be Cantrell all day long...well, if I could play :)

that's a nice setup. I'm running a similar setup with different mods. 2x12, RM50 with RM4. how are you running that 4 with the RM50? Also, is the Hot Plate beneficial over the master volume? I reckon you can heat the power tubes more and get some good clear punch at reasonable volumes?

withmittens said:
that's a nice setup. I'm running a similar setup with different mods. 2x12, RM50 with RM4. how are you running that 4 with the RM50? Also, is the Hot Plate beneficial over the master volume? I reckon you can heat the power tubes more and get some good clear punch at reasonable volumes?

I run the M4 straight into the Series Return of the RM50

I run the Hotplate so I can play at a reasonable volume without disturbing the family....I don't set it higher than -8dB pad though..tends to disturb the feel/tone a lot. The RM50 MV is pretty good already anyway.

thanster2000 said:
Im curious too to know how you are running it at 4?

Not sure I understand the question. The Hotplate at -4dB? It reduces volume a little.