JF Modded Amps

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scary groove

Reaction score
I want to see if anyone that has gotten their MTS amp modded by JF or if anyone bought one of the amps he was selling. I am looking for some honest opinions as to how big the improvements are. I am not looking for someone who used to work for another modder who then had a falling out with them to come here and say that JF has the best mods ever. :shock:

My concern is this: I saw the Lynch vids. Even the Sensei was impressed by Rob's work (and I am not surprised. But shipping an amp to and from is expensive. The transformers and tuning the power section is a bit pricy also. And if you get a few of the other mods, the cost is well above what the amp is worth.

So, does anyone have an MTS amp that some part (or all) of it was modded by Rob? Please tell about what mods you got and what your opinion. I very well may ship mine out and mod it anyway, but I am curious as to what your thoughts were. I have always been a big fan of Rob's, but I really need to make sure that this is the route to go with my Lynch Box.

Thanks in advance

LunatiBSW said:
Having played the first modded JFM head (outside of Rob of course).
It really is a significant difference in the feel of ALL of my modules now.
Each one of my preamps for the MTS gear has ever sounded this good. I was about to pull the trigger on a Bogner Uberschall, but then I received my much anticipated Lynch box 50w amp from Rob.
Holy s*&t, It blew me away how much I now had control of from the input stage to the preamp, to the fx loop, to the power amp. I can get so many tonal colors and attitudes you would need an arsenal of quality amps to replicate. With top notch parts to boot. Those mercury upgrades give the amp such articulation and punch, it just sounds right, and super balanced.
This is what I have been searching for since beginning MTS in 2010.
I can get the exact clean styles, and gain styles I have been dreaming of.
To have this much power that is adjustable and just so musical and pronounced, is nothing short of stunning.
Im selling off alot of my gear now that I have this new rig going.
Im having a custom green croc headshell and 2x12 cab made for this rig and ill get some pics up in a week once it arrives.

Wow Rob, just wow

scary groove said:
Thanks for that. Somehow I missed that one. Anyone else out there?

I'm not positive, but I believe he's the only one to receive their amp. Again, I could be wrong.

This is correct, Brandon has the only one to ship. He pre-ordered his last December before I even knew what all was going into these. Ross's RM100KH is in process and I hope to have it out the door next week. There are two RM50's also in process behind that. All are in various states of completion and I am targeting to have all of them out by the first week of October.

The delays are a result of selling several all at once, a change to the preamp PCB's that wasn't detected until I began modding the two RM50's (causing me to have to go back and completely redesign and manufacture new front ends boards for these amps) and GROSSLY underestimating the labor involved. It was a learning curve and that's the reason I ceased sales immediately. There was literally zero profit in selling these amps at the prices here after all things were considered.

I have sold much of the remaining amp stock to local schools. Once the three remaining amps are out the door I will offer what's left on an ala carte, one at a time basis. I'll also allow for mods to your amps on an ala carte basis. The deal given here was too good to be true for the amps I was creating. Those lucky enough to get in were very fortunate.

Jaded Faith said:
There are two RM50's also in process behind that. All are in various states of completion and I am targeting to have all of them out by the first week of October.

Thanks for the update, Rob. I can't wait to receive mine. :)