TOM SCHOLTZ/ROCKMAN

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a combo of the guitar spaceship graphics & the blue & ehite Rockmodule style graphics??

I love Boston tone too ...I bought a double IC revision Sustainor off of ebay for $550 about 4 years ago ...I was thinking the same thing about a module to get Boston tone ...if you have a wah pedal an EQ and compressor and power soak you get that tone with a lot of tweaking ... original album did not have Rockman ...what I do is, put my wah in the very midsey spot that it is just a little muffled too ...then boost treble on eq add a ton of compression ...I don't own a power soak, but I will get one ...read all this on one of the Rockman forums and experimented ...like I said, the main secret is finding that right spot on wah ...real midsey yet muffled a little so you can boost treble with eq ...on the rig rundowns you see a lot guys using the "Rack Cry Baby" because they use it as a notch filter in this way for solos

I've actually thrown around this idea for a Boston type module with Rob before, I'm sure he could make something real easy.

But all you need is any one of his Plexi-ish or Marshall modules and throw a 6-band EQ and maybe some sort of delay in front of the amp. That will get you really really really close to his sound without going digital/later SS sounding Boston sound.

The name I thought of for the custom module: Bostone or Bosstone :)

So yeah, just get an EQ pedal and you will be happy. EQ is the most powerful tone component IMO

guitar into wah-wah set in middle at 1k

2 MIDI EQ-s and 2 compressors both pre- front of amp ...and post- series loop in back of amp ...pre compression ...25% input level ..50% out

post compression 50% input 100% out

set pre-EQ 5-16k all up ...4-2k all down ...350hz-1.6k all up

100hz-250hz all down

select one slider in middle of these boosted and cut frequency's on post EQ and boost and cut to taste

mix delay and chorus 100% on effects into amp parallel loops preferably in stereo on stereo 1/4 mix on effects mix knob of amp

It's all documented in his patents en schemo's.

1] a compressor, 2] a 2nd order highpass filter, 3] hard diode clipping, 4] single (double) order low pass.

I have two of the early versions of his rockman's, and particulary stereo, they sound very convincing.

For a MTS system , I am guessing a Dynacomp into RM100, into a tight high gain module (SIR39 clone maybe ?), some chorus+gated reverb(delay) in the loop should work.

I think it can be easely done in a module (sans chorus/gated reverb).