MotorCity Mods - Exciting News !!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Wadd

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with everyone that MotorCity Mods has has added 3 BRAND NEW modules to the line up !!

1 - "One" by Pirate Mods - A spectacular clean mod (you may already know this as the "Mystery Clean" that we posted months ago. :)

2 - Rockmod - by MotorCity Mods - The BURN channel is like no other high gain amp you have ever heard. It produces a huge amount of articulate and musical gain with an ability to retain its openness and dynamics. Every note played is easily tracked with excellent clarity and rich harmonics exploding across the entire fret board. With the Post-Gain knob, all amounts of saturation can be controlled, from light to heavy. Burn is the only way to describe this preamp and once you try it, you will agree...

3 - Maggie 335 - The very first Modular preamp to feature 3 tubes and built in effects !!

Visit MotorCityMods.com to check it out!
Audio clips coming soon !!!

Johnny Wadd said:
Just wanted to share with everyone that MotorCity Mods has has added 3 BRAND NEW modules to the line up !!

1 - "One" by Pirate Mods - A spectacular clean mod (you may already know this as the "Mystery Clean" that we posted months ago. :)

2 - Rockmod - by MotorCity Mods - The BURN channel is like no other high gain amp you have ever heard. It produces a huge amount of articulate and musical gain with an ability to retain its openness and dynamics. Every note played is easily tracked with excellent clarity and rich harmonics exploding across the entire fret board. With the Post-Gain knob, all amounts of saturation can be controlled, from light to heavy. Burn is the only way to describe this preamp and once you try it, you will agree...

3 - Maggie 335 - The very first Modular preamp to feature 3 tubes and built in effects !!

Visit MotorCityMods.com to check it out!
Audio clips coming soon !!!

WOW!!! If John captured the Rockmod preamp rack version in a module, Im sold! And Maggie in a module?? How did they do that??? Killer news, some new life coming into MTS- congrats guys!!!!

Nicely done gents. The Maggie mod seems interesting enough that I may have to lift my purchasing freeze! Congrats!

After checking out the faceplates.... I'm guessing we can assume the John Kaska is one of the partners of MotorCityMods? Maggie 335.... made in Los Angeles... Rockmod... no name variation needed to avoid lawsuit.

Or is this the thing Bruce alluded to... amp makers creating their own modules. Very interesting :D

What about the pirate one mod, what is it based on?

Also, I have a rockmod 2 preamp and I love the crunch channel... including a switch for the crunch channel sharing the tone stack with burn shouldn't be difficult. Is that apossibility?

Mattfig said:
Clips this week... :)

BTW, for anyone wondering, the Maggie is based off an old Magnatone which also served as a platform for some other popular amps... :)

Mattfig said:
warlok said:
Who is Pirate Mods?

Pirate Mods is an offshoot of some of our MotorCity Mods team. We will have 3 total Pirate Mods that will have some cool faceplates and great tone...

"Pirate Mods" very tongue in cheek. :lol:

Here's to "Maggie"!
rs_600x600-140922141757-600.3boobs.cm.92214.jpg

The Pirate Mods "One" is a nice clean - clips are already posted of it listed as the "mystery clean" back from when we were developing.

Are you accepting donors for the Maggie? I have a stock tweed and will send it toot freakin sweet. **** you, I was planning out my GAS depletion and was convincing myself that I was nearly set for a while. A Magnatone with true tube vibrato? and 3 tubes? GTFO

You're joking, right?

but seriously....can you tell us about what model this is based on and of the 3rd tube handles the vibrato and of that vibrato is true pitch shifting?

also, is the circuitry following the older schematics?

withmittens said:
Are you accepting donors for the Maggie? I have a stock tweed and will send it toot freakin sweet. **** you, I was planning out my GAS depletion and was convincing myself that I was nearly set for a while. A Magnatone with true tube vibrato? and 3 tubes? GTFO

You're joking, right?

but seriously....can you tell us about what model this is based on and of the 3rd tube handles the vibrato and of that vibrato is true pitch shifting?

also, is the circuitry following the older schematics?

Hiya,

The 3rd tube handles the vibrato, yes. The Maggie is based off a Magnatone 213 just like the Evil Robot...

[/quote]

Hiya,

The 3rd tube handles the vibrato, yes. The Maggie is based off a Magnatone 213 just like the Evil Robot...[/quote]

Pitch shifting vibrato? the real deal?
Demo?
and **** you

Hiya,

The 3rd tube handles the vibrato, yes. The Maggie is based off a Magnatone 213 just like the Evil Robot...[/quote]

Pitch shifting vibrato? the real deal?
Demo?
and **** you[/quote]

:) Oh yes, this is the real deal. It is both pitch shifting and amplitude....!!!! VERY authentic

Mattfig said:
:) Oh yes, this is the real deal. It is both pitch shifting and amplitude....!!!! VERY authentic

Whoa. I can't wait to hear this module! My Dad played a Magnatone 2x12 in the late 50's and early 60's. I have a bunch of his old recordings using a Gibson 355 and the Magnatone (I think I may have one with his Les Paul he bought in 1959 for $325 dollars, which was stolen from his car later that year).

I may have to buy one just so he can record through it during his visits! :D

agreed, pretty stunning news. looks like my Supra purchase will hold until I recover from this. There's only two, in the event that I miss the opp, how long till another shows up?

congrats