Where do we go now? The big news is here...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gaaargh! Why did I stop checking this forum on a daily basis? I just went and spent all my available gear money on a used Uberschall.

Still, it's nice to see that there are still people out there who are committed to the modular concept. I only wish there were a larger supply of new core amps available.

At a minimum, I suspect you'll be getting a transformer order from me in the not-too-distant future.

Jaded Faith said:
[size=24

2: Custom JFM Mercury Magnetics Transformers and Chokes
These are not the same as the handful of other Mercury MTS transformers they have available to the general public and are only available through Jaded Faith Mods. The improvement over the stock Taiwanese economy transformers is not small or subtle. The difference in feel, response, tone and power is the difference many of you complain about as what?s missing in MTS.

For those just interested in buying the Custom JFM Mercury Magnetics Transformer sets (includes PT, OT and Choke):

RM50: $490 + shipping

[/quote]

Rob, i guess I'll stick to this post as this is not a purchasing inquiry yet, rather a matter of clarification.

regarding the above mention of the RM50 transformers.

1. your set includes PT, OT and choke? or is it just the PT as with the previous MM offering

and

2. the differences between the current MM offering an the JF custom pieces....are the differences subtle there. I understand you are saying the differences between stock and your are miles apart, but how about the MM ones and your newly developed ones?

thanks

I really need to get a KH head with the Eggie dual...what to sell...hmm!

Anyone need an RM100LB with Foglifter? LOL

Congrats, Rob! You've taken RM amps to a completely new level with this announcement. I'm stoked for you and your customers! :D

Jaded Faith said:
8: A JJ 5751 will replace the 12AX7 in the phase inverter position, as I suggest in all MTS rigs.

I just replaced an EH12ax7 with a NOS GE JAN5751 in the PI and I cannot believe the difference! All of the muddy bottom is cleaned up and the amp sounds so much tighter. I can't wait to try a Foglifter and can't even imagine how incredibly awesome these new must RM100's sound!

Kudos!

Which tube is the phase inverter if you are looking in the back of the amp(RM20)? Will a 12AU7 or 12ATY work?

Rob,
just a question...
what would it cost to build a proper rm22 combo with a single 1-12" speaker (Celestion Greenback)? under 40 pounds.
GtrGeorge

Wow. WOW! I have a RM100KH for sale or an RM100KH to upgrade once the existing ones sell.

I really wish I could afford the package deal of the moment but there is simply no way unless I sell both of my RM100s and like...2 of my 3 modules! But that would be one BADASS channel!

This is the most exciting news for arguably the best **** amp on the market! Know what? I'm just gonna send mine in for the works once I can save up for it. It'll be a minute, but I gotta have it! There is a minty fresh KH head I've been storing as a backup that will be Jaded as soon as I can get it to ya. Holy crap, man.

Congratulations AND thank you!!!

Has anyone tried one of the fully modified Jaded faith RM100's?
If so how did it compare to your old stock amplifier? Was it a significant improvement because I'm seriously contemplating purchasing one but it's an awfully big investment and it would be great to hear from someone who has already tried one.
Thank you.

Exoticwood said:
Has anyone tried one of the fully modified Jaded faith RM100's?
If so how did it compare to your old stock amplifier? Was it a significant improvement because I'm seriously contemplating purchasing one but it's an awfully big investment and it would be great to hear from someone who has already tried one.
Thank you.

This was just addressed in my June 8th post on our Facebook page. Worth noting is that the three amps were all 50W MTS rigs using the same power sections. Here's the text if you aren't on Facebook:

Something of interest that got lost in the excitement of all the new mods we released at the show were the three amps being used.

The RM1250 was stock with the exception of correcting the reversed Presence/Density pots that plagued many of these amps. It was loaded with Tung Sol 7591's.

The combo on the left had our upgraded Mercury OT and Choke. It was loaded with Tung Sol 6L6GC's.

The custom stack on the right had it all. The full JFM Mercury set (PT, OT & Choke), custom JFM Input PCB, Foglifter + and adjustable loop. Tubes were JJ 6CA7's.

It was a not-so-subtle case of "good/better/best". There was a significant improvement from one amp to the next as a result of the varying levels of customization done to each. Many players found their favorite module or two and asked to load the fully loaded stack with them where they proceeded to jam away.

I was then asked "If you can put it in words, what is different from a player's point about the transformers Mercury makes standard and the ones they do to your spec?" to which I replied:

The adjectives I heard over and over this weekend were "smooth", "clear", "present", "in your face", "focused", "bigger", "boutique" and "articulate".

We probably had over 100 guys try these amps out, so it was a decent sample size.

mrtatemyballs said:
Pretty sure there arent any left.

The are four RM100 heads left, two metal and two Kirk Hammett's. I know two are selling by the end of the month when customers pick up their repairs.