Randall RM100 Stock & Two Notes Torpedo Live Track

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattfig said:
Nice....Very cool indeed....Great tone...Is there a boost on the XTC?

Thanks, Mattfig! No boost. Four different tracks, two different cabs - XTC & BritC, two different mics - R160 & 57. Gain knob has the left edge touching the "N" of GAIN. PRS Tremonti on two tracks, 2008 LP Standard on the other two.

suphuckers said:
That's a stock xtc module? :shock:

I'm very pleased with the XTC module and have considered replacing the Ultra I have in one slot with another one for different settings.

Wow. I cant get over how that thing sounds. I had an xtc (a blackface and an ultraXL) in my head when I bought it. I liked the ultraXL and the Blackface is "OK" but I took them all out. I never really gave the xtc a lot of chance to grow on me. I loaned it to a friend. He said he read it was supposed to be a kewl module. who knew LoL. I thought it was pretty bland sounding. what kinda guitar pups etc you using there?

suphuckers said:
what kinda guitar pups etc you using there?

Used a PRS Tremonti with its stock PUPS and a 2008 Les Paul Standard which has Burstbucker Pro PUPS. The BB's are pretty mid-bright and edgy at full tilt - which they are in this tracking.

suphuckers said:
What effects you using?

No effects and there's not a whole lot going on plug-in-wise. I've run the RM100 into the TL into a Mackie console with studio monitors connected and played for hours, lovin' it. Roll down the guitar volume, feed some reverb into an AUX and it's heavenly. Very touch sensitive, dynamic and fun. Hell...I've gone straight out of the TL into Sennheiser HD280 headphones and really loved that. Bone dry.

suphuckers said:
Reverb is an effect too ;) Poor reverb no respect What kind of reverb are you using?

I mean there's no effects on the track you're hearing the XTC on. There is a Crybaby wah in this track toward the middle and end. Yes...that's an effect, however, I was thinking overall track tone.

Dude, aside from how gnarly you managed to make a couple of stock mods sound...let's forget about the post-pro chain for a second.
Your playing is bad-to-the-f@ck A$$! As a vocal Tremonti fan I heard a lot of Mark's influence on that track and not in a bad way. Well played, well tracked, and overall well done. If that was a mod demo, I can't wait to hear the actual song that it becomes. Two thumbs, dude. Hell...I'll borrow my bassist's without consent. FOUR thumbs up! ☆Sheeeeeit☆