Got a quad of kt 88 in my amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Servantez

Reaction score
I just bought a quad of ehx kt 88 tubes in my amp and they sound very good I mean really good, they do have the highs and mids of el34 and the low end of 6l6. But I ahve to remove orginal tube clam on the amp to put them in so now my question would be is it ok to do that and where can I find the tube retainer that will hold those tubes for the amp. If any canadian vancouver user is reading this can you tell me where you can buy those rentainer in vancouver

It is okay to remove them and don't worry too much about replacing them with bigger ones, as those tubes stay on the sockets pretty dang tight if i remember right. Unless you really want to, of course.
Btw, it's great to hear that you are digging the EH Kt88s. I tried a pair of Valve Arts and they went out as i was installing them, so i just got discouraged to try 88s and went back to el 34s. Maybe one day i will try again...

runnin mine the same ,4 eh kt-88 biased at 53. best tone yet for me. absolutely crushes :twisted: