One Maggie seems to have been purchased.....?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm withmittens I dunno if it's its own circuit or not. I'll have to push the dlx/twin switch when I'm in pushed mode and see. If it's its own circuit then the switch shouldn't have any effect (guessing). I'll let ya know. To me it sounds pretty much like my real fender amp (maybe a little better) but it def has a Fender type of sound/feel to it. ...and yes whoever had said about the Dumbles, the ODS is "somewhat" a similar thing. The gain is similar but the ODS has a much dif tone.

I am no Mesa Boogie expert but I don't think there is such thing as a Mesa-Boogie "pushed channel" circuit. I think pushed is just their clean channel pushed... and it is probably a reference to the tweed fenders that were designed to be clean, but broke up easily when "pushed". Blackface era fenders however need to be *pushed* even harder to break up.

suphuckers said:
Hmm withmittens I dunno if it's its own circuit or not. I'll have to push the dlx/twin switch when I'm in pushed mode and see. If it's its own circuit then the switch shouldn't have any effect (guessing). I'll let ya know. To me it sounds pretty much like my real fender amp (maybe a little better) but it def has a Fender type of sound/feel to it. ...and yes whoever had said about the Dumbles, the ODS is "somewhat" a similar thing. The gain is similar but the ODS has a much dif tone.

It's my understanding based on the description at Salvation's website. Rob also used a similar wording on the Vybe Deluxe and has a 'pushed" mode "based on Mesa pushed"

Are you saying that maybe the circuit is like that of the mesa that does use an additional gain stage to actually overdrive the clean channel but is not actually another circuit?

If so, you guys are right in that it should overdrive both the Twin and DLX channels uniquely and not just be one singular sound

That's what I suspect, and that's my interpretation of pushed... but, I could be partially or even completely wrong. Perhaps Rob could educate us...??

By the way, it is my understanding that deluxe, vybroverb, twin (the twin adds a mid control), super reverb, etc, all have very similar (if not identical) preamp circuits, and the differences you hear in the mods when switching from deluxe to twin for instance are attempts to emulate the breaking up of the power tubes and the speaker response/breakup. In this sense, the deluxe mode is a "pushed" mode of sorts, and the mode labeled "pushed" is simply any of the two modes pushed even harder.

withmittens said:
It's my understanding based on the description at Salvation's website. Rob also used a similar wording on the Vybe Deluxe and has a 'pushed" mode "based on Mesa pushed"

Are you saying that maybe the circuit is like that of the mesa that does use an additional gain stage to actually overdrive the clean channel but is not actually another circuit?

If so, you guys are right in that it should overdrive both the Twin and DLX channels uniquely and not just be one singular sound

If my memory serves me correct, the Mesa "pushed" circuits impact the early gain stage bias. They do not add any stages, thus the clarity and definition with a subtle gain increase like overdrive. It varies from amp to amp and it's been a while since I was under the hood of one.

One correction about the Vybe Deluxe: the Pushed setting is a naming convention only. It has nothing to do with Mesa or their circuit. It's just my take on an old Fender pushed hard.

Well I can tell you guys this for sure. The Pushed switch on the TwinFace is wired into the board exactly the same way the MarkUS is wired. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's a Mesa style circuit, and it "seems" like it is a completely separate mode. The DLX/Twin switch seems to be out of the loop. The tone of the Module doesn't change when you flip that switch, but it's a whole different Module at this point. I had a good friend over tonight and we agreed... If we could only have one Module, the TwinFace would have to be it.

Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought. ****, I wanted to justify the Maggie and/or Supra. Since module collecting is need over want, I guess the Twinface will fill a huge need for me. The others will have to wait

**** you Sup. JK, thanks for the input from all

curious then Sup, does yours have the master override switch?

Well you can't go wrong buying all 3 ;)

I'll probably be ordering my Supra soon.

I was just saying... If I can only have 1, it's definitely going to be the TwinFace.

You said
can;t decide between Supro, Twinface and Maggie

One point though. I don't think Matt has any TwinFace's ATM So... I personally bought about 6 modules while I was waiting for my TwinFace to get here

Really wish I hadn't, because as it turns out, my original thoughts were correct. TwinFace/SalvadoDLX Two Awesome Modules!!

I'm glad I got my ODS (which apparently was a special order from Rob, and not exactly the same as most other ODS's, and it's very awesome) Also the Criminal is nice. I like my Trilogy, but the fact is the SalvadoDLX the TwinFace and the ODS are going in the amp and the others wont get a lot of use for a while (Like my MarkUS collecting dust etc). I'm talking with Scott about a modification to the Criminal that I think might get it back in it's slot. It's great as is (Don't want it out there that I said otherwise) Anyways.... TwinFace Rules!! ;) LoL

Now if I can just figure out a High Gainer (Angel E/Snakebite/Ubersonic/MrBoga Blah Blah)

well, it;s not like it;s going to stop. It may be a one at a time deal but I'll be a MTS buyer for a while yet :/ Still many to try''

Very nice clean and cool overdriven sounds from the Twinface. Was this played with a single coil guitar or humbucker?