My new Video featuring a buncha mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Fenders have Humbuckers too Marco. I think it's more about the wood and the geometry of the guitars. Not so much a Single Coil / Humbucker thing.

Edit: Or more specifically... I think it's a LP/Strat thing. I'm not sure if the same could be said if we were comparing something like a Gibson Explorer or even a Tele.

(I haven't really looked at it that far through)

I'm also not sure it applies to old Plexi's and Strat's. I was listening to some stuff like that yesterday, and I think some of the older Marshall stuff sounds much better (Than the newer amps) with the Strat's. So far I haven't heard any LP's through Fender's that I've liked though.

I like those ISP decimators, how do they connect? THrough the effects loop?

They are stereo. One side goes in the effects loop, and the other goes in front of the amp. The idea is that on the front end it detects your playing and then sends that information to the 2nd channel. Thus improving the functionality of the gate. I'm not sure why you would say "you like them" though. The modules are creating that sound/tone. The Decimator's are pretty much invisible. They just keep the noise down. I think they suck too much tone though. That's why I don't use mine. ...but that wall of sound is not from the Decimator's (If that's what you were thinking)

Im assuming Matt has them hooked up this way

That is definitely one badass wall of sonic madness you have going on there tho Matt heh

Mattfig said:
blacksun said:
Too my ears the orange modules and Twinface really shines.

Would also love to hear the Camerica and perhaps a comparison with the Camerock :)

Great video!

Thanks for watching fellas...We're just trying to keep things lively in this lull...Even the used mods are going cheap right now and that's just how this market works...In the meantime, just remember who is trying to entertain you now! :)

It's always true how we each hear something different...A dude on youtube likes the Pirate Mods Clean, I've heard shouts for the Twinface and Oranges...Always get HBE love (on sale for 325 in classifieds) and so is the Afterlife (425) ...

I could do two hours just on the Mandarine Graphic OR....That one stole my heart from the beginning....It's just "my tone." I like heavier stuff but for what I play, that mod just smokes...

Mr Figg, how would you describe the Mandarine Graphic vs. the R50? I like the R50 that I have but something keeps telling me that the Graphic is more what I want.......

withmittens said:
Mattfig said:
blacksun said:
Too my ears the orange modules and Twinface really shines.

Would also love to hear the Camerica and perhaps a comparison with the Camerock :)

Great video!

Thanks for watching fellas...We're just trying to keep things lively in this lull...Even the used mods are going cheap right now and that's just how this market works...In the meantime, just remember who is trying to entertain you now! :)

It's always true how we each hear something different...A dude on youtube likes the Pirate Mods Clean, I've heard shouts for the Twinface and Oranges...Always get HBE love (on sale for 325 in classifieds) and so is the Afterlife (425) ...

I could do two hours just on the Mandarine Graphic OR....That one stole my heart from the beginning....It's just "my tone." I like heavier stuff but for what I play, that mod just smokes...

Mr Figg, how would you describe the Mandarine Graphic vs. the R50? I like the R50 that I have but something keeps telling me that the Graphic is more what I want.......

The Mandarine 5OR is more of an all around Orange whereas the Graphic stays pretty vintage...

The 5OR is meant to have a classic clean and a more modern breakup...The Graphic spends it's features on homing in on which stye of vintage you desire...

Both are awesome but they do sound different...The Graphic doesn't have the gain range that the 50R does but it makes up for it in sheer character and the 6 band FAC is a cool *** feature...

suphuckers said:
so is the stonerverb a heavy sounding module? I haven't looked at that one yet. I know what the rest are.

Yep, Stonerverb standard has a clean channel but mine is the Starz version and is fully based on heavy tones....It does them extremely well...Salvation's Mandarine Mods are all awesome and the Stonerverb is the heaviest of the line...

MarcoR said:
Thanks, for the demo, Matt! Really helpful to hear all these back to back.

Funny that I really liked the Masholdano too because I just didn?t vibe with the one I had and I really wanted to like it. Yours sounded better. Was it the Soldano or Marshall voicing?

Sorry I missed this....My Masholdano has an additional 3 way voicing switch that adds a recto quality to it, it wasn't active but it makes it even cooler....The voicing was set to Soldano...

Thank you for watching... :D