Where's the color gone? A bit lighter topic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suphuckers said:
I'd just hate to see a buncha flashy Modules, but that's just me.

Many people leave the faceplate stock even after mod work. I have no issue with that if your goal is to keep your amp looking uniform. Different strokes for different folks.

Good talkin' to ya drew. I gotta get outa here.

Im glad we could discuss/debate this without you thinking I was attacking you. ;)

I'll check on the progress of this discussion later. I think I made my view of it pretty clear. Ill probably be a monority with my view.

This is one of my favorite faceplates. When I sent the image to Rob, he and Nick (the artist) were skeptical but we all agreed it turned out amazing.

15724345715_76128c2f56_z.jpg

I like bling with my gear and have no shame.

MarcoR said:
This is one of my favorite faceplates. When I sent the image to Rob, he and Nick (the artist) were skeptical but we all agreed it turned out amazing.

^That is a cool looking module, I had forgotten about that one.

MarcoR said:
Me too! Skull knobs for everyone!

I'm getting ready to commission a few custom mods from Rob, thanks for the ideas! I hate plain looking mods too...

I don't care for plain looking modules OR exotic ones. I just want them to look like they're supposed to sound -- Marshally ones that look marshally, Voxy ones that look voxy... Those are the aesthetics that give me a semi. :lol: But I guess that means when a module is an original sound, not meant to resemble any existing amp, nothing is off the table looks-wise.

suphuckers said:
Guitar_zps3c921b68.jpg

I wonder who's sounds better? ;)

35+yr old piece of swamp ash. Painted by me, with a very thin layer of Nitro. Hand selected Custom made to order QSawn Maple neck (almost an inch thick) Hand selected Indian Rosewood. The fretwork was done by hand by a very skiller Luthier. Hand wound pickups. Vintage style push back wire and etc etc.

Nothing wrong with your guitar drew. I'm just sayin'. I'd spend my time doing other stuff that's all.

This is also not my best guitar, but I picked it because its black and makes the point.

That thing looks like a Fender Lead series. my first electric.... is it? I had the Lead II, my dad helped me put a Kahler on it, then i sold it like a fool for a strat.

MarcoR said:

that looks great. Is that flipflop paint?

Oregon said:
I guess we can't just post fun stuff anymore? Taking a break.

Oregon, I went back and read your original post again, and I see where you're coming from. I'm pretty sure NOBODY is really taking this thread seriously though. Relax man.

Go ahead dream about the old days gone by :lol: nobody is stopping you

iekobrid said:
I don't care for plain looking modules OR exotic ones. I just want them to look like they're supposed to sound -- Marshally ones that look marshally, Voxy ones that look voxy... Those are the aesthetics that give me a semi. :lol: But I guess that means when a module is an original sound, not meant to resemble any existing amp, nothing is off the table looks-wise.

I kinda agree with that iekobrid. That's kinda how I really feel anyways. Most amps aren't flashy. I like it when the modules look like an amp is supposed to (IMO) look. If a module is just a fun module, with no particular amp in mind then yeah... why not do whatever. Or if someone wants a custom crazy looking module... why not. I just wouldn't want to see a buncha modules, where I'm stuck having to get custom plates for all of them, because they all look like something out of Bret Michaels trash can in 1985 LoL