• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SG MK22 - TRADED!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corium_AZ

Reaction score
Asking $300, shipped CONUS via USPS Priority 2-day. Will consider international as well. Just PM me!

I am also interested in trades for something I haven't tried yet (no orange or marshall types though as I'm set on those). Something Vox-ish, Recto/Mark-ish? Just hit me up with what youve got and can go from there.

Here are a couple pics: It's hard to see, but the faceplate has some 'finish cracking', just due to age. Besides that, this mod is in excellent shape, and operates flawlessley!

00606_ru7YM7qIF2_600x450.jpg

00t0t_8qOPKZHJf1o_600x450.jpg

HA, Swear you were convinced on a stoner for a while there ?
Had a listen to the clips this morning, 50R is verrrrrrrry nice.

Hmmm Tempted. Shame. Looks like it's probably a decent module. I have to get control of myself tho LoL.

Listened to that 50R, and yeah that sounds pretty nice.

I have several modules that do decent midgain stuff. My favorite so far is my JF ODS Module. If I didn't have that ODS, I'd be really tempted on that 50R. Looks/Sounds like a really nice choice. You ever played an ODS Module? (Curious to see if you have, and if so... how you think it compares)

suphuckers said:
Hmmm Tempted. Shame. Looks like it's probably a decent module. I have to get control of myself tho LoL.

I have several modules that do decent midgain stuff. My favorite so far is my JF ODS Module. If I didn't have that ODS, I'd be really tempted on that 50R. Looks/Sounds like a really nice choice. You ever played an ODS Module? (Curious to see if you have, and if so... how you think it compares)

suphuckers,I know you don't care for Marshall tones but I can't see how anybody wouldn't like the MK22. It is very different from a JF ODS though; completely different family. I was a big fan of the ODS for what it does and I don't think there is anything like it in MTS except maybe the Egnater COD.

suphuckers said:

I have not tried an ODS, so I cannot compare. But, the 50R is very organic, but also very spanky on the cleaner side of the gain (11 oclock and lower), and it gets very full, with big low-mids, and very good cut from 11 to about 1 oclock. From 1 on up to max, it gets really nasty - easily covering Slipknot-type tones. Overall, it has probably the most harmonic richness to the tone/gain of any mod I've yet tried. And, it has a unique tonal character, true to the Orange sound - emphasis on lower-mids, it sits somewhere between an early Plexi/JTM and a Bogner Shiva. It's right on the verge of being 'honky' without really getting there - meaning it has a lot of bite.

Hope that helps...? I love it so far. And, as important as anything else, it takes OD pedals extremely well - so you can run it at lower gain for a nice hairy clean tone, and hit it with an OD and take it to 'vintage' mid-gain all the way to screaming metal. Perfect mod IMO... Kinda makes me want to try a real OR50.

MarcoR said:
suphuckers,I know you don't care for Marshall tones but I can't see how anybody wouldn't like the MK22. It is very different from a JF ODS though; completely different family. I was a big fan of the ODS for what it does and I don't think there is anything like it in MTS except maybe the Egnater COD.

Yeah MarcoR, There's a chance I might like the MK22. I think it's based on a modified Marshall and not an actual Marshall isn't it? ;)

Eventually I do want to get a Marshall style Mod, but it's about last on my list tho LoL

I know the MK22 is a lot different than an ODS. I was just wondering how the ODS compared to the 50R (If Bruce had tried one).

That 50R sounds like it's a nice Module. Thanks for the review.

suphuckers said:
I know the MK22 is a lot different than an ODS. I was just wondering how the ODS compared to the 50R
Sorry, my reading comprehension module is on the fritz this week.