JFM Custom RM50 Lynchbox RIG ***finally complete****updated

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattfig said:
Can we please hear it??? Very curious about this...

Yes, please! Some clips? Best would be a side by side with stock but any clips would be cool!

Sorry, i have a 6 week old (first time) son at home, and I Dont have alot of pro recording gear at home. I sold of my other rm amp, so unless you wanna bring some recording gear over, I wont be of much help

LunatiBSW said:
Sorry, i have a 6 week old (first time) son at home, and I Dont have alot of pro recording gear at home. I sold of my other rm amp, so unless you wanna bring some recording gear over, I wont be of much help

Hey. We don't care about pro recording gear ha ha. We just want to hear this beast. Get a cell phone or whatever you can and get a clip. I think many of us are jumping at the bit to hear the differences. At least I am. Something is better than nothing. Congrats on the amp \ m /

LunatiBSW said:
hey, congrats on the new'un. That's even bigger news than a new amp ;)

scary groove said:
Hey. We don't care about pro recording gear ha ha. We just want to hear this beast. Get a cell phone or whatever you can and get a clip. I think many of us are jumping at the bit to hear the differences. At least I am. Something is better than nothing. Congrats on the amp \ m /

yeh man just turn on the pc (I did it last week) ;) I think most of us can make a good guess whats the amp and whats the rest of the gear. Personally I don't even care if you can play, just bang on it a little bit LoL

..but in all seriousness, I bet the differences although probably very nice, are pretty subtle.

I appreciate all the well wishes on the little guy, hes awesome.
I had my phone with me when i was jamming upstairs today. So its
Just recorded with my iphone 5, until my new phone comes in.
It sounds better with headphones on.
Its some clean, rhythm and lead tones I jam on. Wasnt really warmed up, but you can get the point. Its an amazing sounding amp, and sounds 3d in the room.

One day id like to get more into the two notes stuff, but heres a phone clip.
http://youtu.be/0Mk2vVt1H5c

Riffs were just my style, I dig. The ubersonic just sounds sick. I know it's an iphone but swear I can hear a more refinement and articulation. Some other ears please weigh in. Can't help but want one

Great playing and the tone is awesome. It has great clarity,presence and cut.
I can't wait for my JFM RM50 combo and my JFM RM100 to arrive! Thanks for posting the video.

Definitely more body and articulation.. string definition is there over the standard RM series amps. Question is, how is that attainable to the rest of us on the cheap? I'm not sure a simple fog lifter will do this. Sounds like Rob would have to over haul the whole amp. Sounds like more than just iron and a foglifter/presence circuit board change.

I'd be interested to hear the EVH through the same camera mic just to hear if it sounds any bigger as a stand alone amp vs modular system which i have found to lack the clarity and fullness of a real amp.

I'll do these modifications ala carte for anyone on their existing amps. I've liquidated most of my stock and only have about 6-7 amps left, so I don't mind taking in customer amps for mods at this time. Email if it's something you might be interested in.

Thanks for the kind words fellas!
This amp is truely the best ive heard mts sound.
No smoke blowing, as ive had the amp for a couple months now, and had some time to really get used to it.
Its inspiring to play and run different modules through.
PSA
I also started messing around with vintage tubes. I met a dude that lives close to me and sells me awesome ~'60s tubes (baldwin labeled USA raytheon black plates, raytheon long grey plates, USA sylvania's, tung sols, Japanese made mullard gold pin) for cheap, and he tests them right in front of me. Anyways, i think those vintage usa tubes sound awesome as well, kind of like the icing on the cake. Totally happy with my gear right now, which is good, cause the little one takes up alot of time (luckily still get playing time in)

Really great sounding clip when you take into account that it was recorded with an Iphone.