Module for Mesa Caliber sound.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sepherus

Reaction score
Hello, it's been ages since I've been on the board. I've been stupidly happy with my MTS setup for a few years now. I still am, except I want more sounds. One those sounds is the Mesa Caliber series, particularly the 50+. I know it is kind of Mark like, but it always seemed a bit chunkier and a touch less tight. It still has the cool pre gain EQs, and a post gain graphic.

I'm not all that worried about the graphic as an option. While I used it, I didn't use the typical Boogie V. I've got plenty of external EQ options I can throw in the loop.

Do which mod do you all think would help me cop that tone the most? Should I see about maybe getting the module voiced a bit different by which ever modder I end up deciding on? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Fig. Congrats on the new(ish) business venture. I just discovered it yesterday.

Thats what I was thinking, but having no experience with any of the Mark mods and limited funds to experiment I wanted some confirmation before I go dropping way more than I should without consent from the missus.

The first Boogie I ever used was a .50+ then I went on to get a Studio pre and Triaxis. There was something about that .50+ I missed in the rack stuff though. Sure, getting the clean channel and dirt channel both dialed perfectly together was just about impossible, but it really worked for power chord riffage in a full band mix. I wasn't satisfied with the Triaxis and moved on to an MTS rig. I got a JF Mark X in a trade but it didn't really grab me the way the .50+ did, until I tried it with an overdrive last weekend. As soon as I hit the drive, that familiar chunky chord sound was there. Weird, cause I never used a drive with my first Boogie, but it takes this mod to the same place.

Cool to know. I've got a bunch of Rob's mods already, and they are all phenomenal. What kind of drive pedal are you using with it? I'm sure if I asked nicely Rob would probably tailor it a bit more top what I'm looking for too. He's a good guy like that, taking care of his clients.

I'm boosting it with a TC Nova Drive, just the overdrive side. Similar sound to the T-Rex Moller/TC Vintage Tube Primer, a screamer with a clean blend.

sepherus said:
Thanks Fig. Congrats on the new(ish) business venture. I just discovered it yesterday.

Thats what I was thinking, but having no experience with any of the Mark mods and limited funds to experiment I wanted some confirmation before I go dropping way more than I should without consent from the missus.

Thanks....The MarkUS has a pre-gain EQ which will give you what you are seeking...

I know the MarkUS isn't cheap...But, if you notice, you don't see them in the classifieds...They are top notch tone and shaped the way you want...The clean channel is a total bonus and beautiful to boot...

Cheers!

Latest posts