RM100 Complete Schematics

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a warning there are several errors on these schematics, and I dont mean just component values. Some of the circuit routing is dead wrong. Its been awhile since I went through these I cant remember the errors. And yes Cap is a horrible program.

fearnloathing said:
Just a warning there are several errors on these schematics, and I dont mean just component values. Some of the circuit routing is dead wrong. Its been awhile since I went through these I cant remember the errors. And yes Cap is a horrible program.

they got me to where I needed to be. I admit that I didn't have to trace every circuit through the head, but every trace from the power supply through the power distribution board and in and out of the tubes, were exact to both of my RM100 heads.

Soulinsane if you were here i'd tongue kiss you... thank you for this work!

Shinozoku said:
eedude, you got these corrected and converted to PDF by any chance? :D

nope, i just use 'em as-is.. cap is clumsy, but it's fine for this

it's not that bad. i would never use it to actually do a schematic (DipTrace way cooler), but view those sch already created it's okay...

I got an RM100 schematic in PDF. I was going to be doing an upgrade to my power transformer, output transformer and choke to Mercury Magnetics. I asked and got these schematics. PM me if you need them.

I have converted that Ultra schematic to a couple jpgs if anyone is interested. Cheers, Lucius

The XTC module schematic is not in Soulinsane's all boards.zip

I would love to get that one. Does anyone have it?

Thanks

Soulinsane said:
I know the RD guys can't share schematics with the public but I hope that doesn't prevent us from sharing our own work. I have proofed my own set of schematics for the RM100, SL+, Ultra XL, and Clean modules so please use them for your personal reference and learning. Like I said, this is my own work and it has taken me many hours to go through the whole amp and trace it out so give credit where credit is due. Basically, don't steal this work and sell it on Ebay lol. Its free to everyone. The voltages are approximates values and are referenced from an older set of incorrect schematics. I have yet to measure the absolute voltage values, but that will be the next thing I do. Once done I'll post a revision.

Use this to learn about you RM100 and how it operates. Its really a wonderful design. If you use it to modify your RM100 then do so with care. I take no responsibility for what you do to your amp and modules. Its also important to note that there are voltages of over 500VDC inside this amp even when unplugged. If you touch something the wrong way it can kill you or in the best case destroy your amp.

These schematics are .cap files. You will need to download and use CAP CAD in order to open them. Its a free 2D cad program that will allow you to zoom, modify, and change these schematics. Everything presented here is stock, but there may be some component values that differ depending on when your amp or modules were built.

All boards are in this Zip file http://www.mediafire.com/?0jvddjytjdy

If anyone finds anything wrong or wants to add modules to this work then feel free to do so. That's the reason I am sharing it. I have went over everything at least 5 times and it all seems correct.

Here is a screen shot. Everyone enjoy :D
Screenshot.jpg

Note share schematics? Why? Virtually every other amp maker out there including Mesa Boogie makes their schematics available to the public. Considering the issues that seem to follow RM-100 it would be very helpful to have them available publicly - at the very least schematics for the power supply and output section should be published. This is where most of the problems seem to happen. Countless blown fuses . . . . Having individual bias on the rear panel is a blessing which is nearly wiped out by having to constantly open up the amp to change fuses .. . . . which could have been placed on the rear panel for quick access - like they are for most other amps. Get rid of the redundant FX loops and you would have room.

capdraw is no more... what a sad format.

I have tried for hours to open the files... if someone could please post the schematic in pdf format I would be in debt.

I cannt seem to attach documents in a post.. but I have a whole bunch of RM100 and module schematic's .. some have been very recently traced by Joey from SLOCloneforums and (I think) I did the recto.

Dead horse beating, cannot enter the slocloneforums, they are asking for Joey's favorite cat..? I tried Soldano soldano and slo, maybe it's apparent, i don't get it. Cap cad not available. Got a gainless rm100 i wanna fix!