Randall Amps?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffyy

Reaction score
Hi there
Im having a huge problem on what my next amp is gonna be

I admire Pantera Guitar Tone since day 1 and i seek NOT exact but somthing close to that i got my git ratted to the specs like Darrells...Now comes the amp
Alot of people at my local music store say Mesa Boogie is the way to go that the Triple Rec is one of the best metal amps out there... I took it home and whoa ..Its nice but? I duno price and it just dosen't kick it like i want it to... I tryed a Randall G3 Series and I fell in love with it just S.S.Tone just gets me expecially with soloing... So im thinkin of goin with a V2 This a good choice or would a T2 be better I like the V2's Gain sound and the EQ.

Anyone got any thing to say about em?
Thanks.
Steve...Soon to be a Fellow Randall Thrasher.

Hi,

Or you can try an RM100 as well. Just make sure you get the ultraXL module(mine is coming in a few days). I have both(V2 and RM100), and I love them both. At first I was going to sell the V2(barely used as I picked up the RM100 shortly after I bought it), but I really like the tube overdrive and built in EQ on the V2.

The crappy part of the RM100 is having to buy separate modules, but then again thats the cool part because you have more flexibility.

Definitely try an RM100 at your local store out.
If its between a T2 and V2, I would get the V2 definitely.

Thanks
Ernie

Hey, I own the T2, and I've tried to cop Dimebag's tone from Vulgar. It wouldn't really do it exactly. To me the T2 sounds alot like a JCM 800 with more versatility, lots more gain, and a LOT more bass. The new valve dynamic stuff is fantastic though. The amp still sounds fat as hell even at low volumes (tube power sections sound thin at low volumes). It is also very responsive to touch dynamics and volume control, it really "feels" like you are playing a great cranked tube amp. It is just fantastic.

Man if your looking into getting even close to Darrells tone, stay away from the newer Randalls, the sound NOTHING like the original old RG100ES/RG100HT/C-200s that Darrell used.

Get on Ebay and find you a good used RG100ES/HT and you'll be set.