Mark X and Ubersonic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I received my new Mark X and Ubersonic repair from Rob today.
The Ubersonic had a bad volume pot. All fixed.
To get the Ubersonic where I like it I have to turn the Bass and Mid knob to 9 O'Clock!
The Mark X is great at everything. Low gain, mid gain, high gain. It does it all with that distinctive Mesa Boogie tone.
They sound great with my new TC Nova System as well.
Happy Holidays all. :D

My Mark X didn't quite get me the feel of my old Boogies, I played a .50+, Studio pre, and a Triaxis prior to MTS.
I recently added a Nova Drive to try boosting all my mods and that old Boogie chunk was there in spades with the TC boosting the Mark X. Could be the internal gain trims aren't dialed perfectly, but I thought it was more of a low mid EQ thing where I couldn't get the body back in the scooped setting and it was too barky without the scoop on. The Nova Drive just filled the mids in perfectly while in scoop mode to get back the body my old Boogies had. The Mark X probably benefitted the most out of all my modules from using the Nova overdrive mode.

I service a lot of classic Mesa Marks in the shop. I just had both a Mark II C+ and Mark III Black stripe here on Thursday and own a Mark V. The toughest thing about trying to do these amps on the limited layout of an MTS module is you can't possibly account for the Graphic post EQ sliders. I could certainly see adding some active pedal upfront or better yet in the loop providing you with the most authentic experience.