Rm4 with guitar rig?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
has anyone used their Rm4 or other method of connecting their mods to the interface, and using Guitar Rig or other VST (except Torpedo) to use for amp, mic, cab, effects? I believe you can eliminate the pre section on some of these vst's for a decent sound....

thanks

Personally I use my MTS mods with ReCabinet vst plugin, instead of Guitar Rig. Their cabs are great. For effects I run a Zoom G3 in the RM's effects loop.

I don't use a power amp sim, I use my rm100's power section into a THD Hotplate, DI out to my interface, to DAW (Reaper), and use a Poulin LeCab VST plugin (free), and Redwirez speaker cab/mic IR's. Whole setup sounds fantastic. Is it as good as my live rig? No. But, it's about 95% there, and that's good enough for me for silent jamming and recording...

I use the FX Send of my RM20 into my interface then use Torpedo WOS plug-in for power amp emulation and i also use Redwirez cab sims.
Sounds pretty **** good.
http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-wall-of-sound-3/

it's free.

I also use the same setup with my Verellen Meatsmoke and Skyhammer preamps.

horseblanket said:
I use the FX Send of my RM20 into my interface then use Torpedo WOS plug-in for power amp emulation and i also use Redwirez cab sims.
Sounds pretty **** good.
http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-wall-of-sound-3/

it's free.

I also use the same setup with my Verellen Meatsmoke and Skyhammer preamps.

All those using the Torpedo WOS, I highly recommend you try the Poulin LeCab2. It sounds much fuller and sharper, plus you can combine up to six cab/mic combos. Plus, it's free! Give it a shot. I tried the WOS and went back to the LeCab immediately...

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2010/12/lecab2-vst-for-windows.html?m=1

Agreed, Le Poulin is very good but what I like about WOS is that it has power amp emulation.Which for me is an important part of the chain.
As for stacking, there is an add button in WOS that lets you add however many cabs/mics you want. I agree the stock cabs sound poopy and you need at least 4 for it to sound good.
I wish the kind folks at le pouling would write a power amp sim. until then WOS has to do.

horseblanket said:
Agreed, Le Poulin is very good but what I like about WOS is that it has power amp emulation.Which for me is an important part of the chain.
As for stacking, there is an add button in WOS that lets you add however many cabs/mics you want. I agree the stock cabs sound poopy and you need at least 4 for it to sound good.
I wish the kind folks at le pouling would write a power amp sim. until then WOS has to do.

Oh ok, I didn't know WOS had power amp sim hosting. That makes sense then. Hell, I'd still prolly use WOS for the power amp sim & patch out to LeCab for the cab sim. Not sure exactly how you do that, but I'm sure it's fairly easy? May have latency issues though with the extra plugins. Maybe I'll try that someday, and just take my preamp signal from my serial loop send - save my power tubes a bit...

I tried ReValver's tube power amp sims with my custom RM2, sounded fine but a PITA for live use (Laptop etc), so for "lowest latency" (1.5ms), and best feature set (tube power amp sims, EQ, plus rea;-time adjustable cab/mic sims with total MIDI control), get one of the Two Notes Torpedos.

Torpedos are AWESOME with MTS!

I use a little Torpedo CAB with my rig, works great with EL84's and open-back 2 X 12 Celestion Blues for my Vox AC30TB Module, EL34's and closed-back 4 X 12 Fanes for my HiWatt DR-103 and Orange OR-120, various Celestion Greenback types for the Marshalls and Matchless Chieftain modules, open or closed-back Jensens and 6L6's for the Fender modules, all switched via MIDI in a stomp box sized form factor.

withmittens said:
has anyone used their Rm4 or other method of connecting their mods to the interface, and using Guitar Rig or other VST (except Torpedo) to use for amp, mic, cab, effects? I believe you can eliminate the pre section on some of these vst's for a decent sound....

thanks