Blackface and Tweed equivalent

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard for me to tell which has the best Twin sound as I've never played a real Twin. They all do a similar pristine clean.
For me the SuperClean is the best clean I've ever had as it just has this extra sparkle to it.That might be what you mean by when you want a "Twin" clean however the Superclean will not do your Tweed sound.
The Vybe Deluxe is the best Fenderish clean but for me is more of the Deluxe type Fender.More of a countryish type clean.It is fast becoming my favourite mod. The pushed mode is so sweet.
However the Loneclean does a pristine clean in two modes then the Tweed setting does an awesome breakup that I love. It doesn't have that true Tweed feel to it but is killer none the less.
The LoneClean is what you might be looking for as the pristine clean it does do is pretty awesome and probably close to the Twin sound. I have read somewhere that Mesa think the Lonestar clean is the best clean tone they've done and when i heard one for real I'd have to agree.

The Twin is certainly a pristine clean. You can make it over drive, but you're ears are bleeding by that point (unless you put a boost in front of course).

It's sounding more and more like the LoneClean will give me some versatility and the basic tone that I'm searching for. It certainly seems like I can't go wrong with either that or the SuperClean.

Thanks for all that info. I really appreciate it!