• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, all I'll say is this... From what I've read of what Bruce has said... It is his desire that Synergy be backwards compatible. Meaning that any existing module will still work in a new Synergy unit. I would be shocked :shock: if any of the new Synergy modules worked (Properly) in an M4. I guess anything is possible, but they would be fools if they built it that way.

The PS2 could play PS1 games. The point I was trying to make is backwards compatible is NOT the same as forwards compatible. Nobody (except a fool) builds something new that does exactly what the old thing did. PS2 plays PS1 games but not the other way around. They do this because they don't want to piss of their existing customers, and it's an incentive for them to go out and buy the new console. They don't want people out hunting for M4's. They want people buying Synergy's. How many more Synergy units would they sell if they will work with all the modules that people already have? That's why you make it "backwards" compatible. It's smart business. It's about money, it's not about being nice LoL. ..and then, after you already bought the Synergy rack unit, how long until you buy a Synergy Module? This is all just common sense business. I mean I'm not in charge of their business model, but if they do it differently I'd be (again) shocked. :shock:

Here's the way the Playstation works.

Will the PS1 games work on the PS2?
Yes the PS2 can take 98% of PS1 games. Sony have confirmed a list of PS1
games that are not compatible for PS2 use. They are:

It was a very short list of incompatible games

Note: PS2 Games will not work on PS1.

..and as far as the PS3.

Only a limited number of PS3 systems have the ability to play disc based PlayStation and PlayStation 2 software titles (backwards compatible). However, all PS3 systems have the ability to play downloadable PS one and PlayStation 2 Classics available from the PlayStation Store.

The XBox works like this.

Xbox One

The Xbox One console is not backward-compatible with original Xbox or Xbox 360 games or apps.

Xbox 360

You can play some original Xbox games on your Xbox 360 console if you have an official Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

The following game list is final as of November 2007. No additional original Xbox games will be added to this list.

There is an extensive list of backwards compatible games

...and on that note I guess we'll wait and see if ANYTHING at all is built ;)

I suspect it will be compatible both ways with M4 and RM4 (1 channel) besides all Egie MOD and Randall RM amps series. The reason is that there has been no announcements of synergy 4 channel preamps or synergy heads, and only of the E2 which has been said have other desireble features than the existing egnater/randall products. If the synergy modules could not function in the older products we would be seeing them announce more than just the rather limited 2-slop preamp.

drewiv said:
Just bite the bullet, be a man and buy an M4. ;) :lol:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165068
*No affiliation or prior business with linked Rig Talk member.

He sold it! Wonder what he dropped the price to?

As far as the backward compatibility of the new stuff, Bruce said it was one thing he would not budge on even though the corporate entities didn't want to allow it. I'm sure the new modules will work in the M4 without limitations and only channel A will work in Randalls as the current dual modules do. With the simplicity of the design, I can't see how it would work in one direction and not the other.

OK, Well... Like I said at the end of my other post... We'll just have to wait and see if ANYTHING is produced.

Everyone seems so convinced that it'll work that way, but it makes no sense that it would. Unless they simply don't think there's enough M4's out there to be concerned with. That is a possibility I suppose. I mean I don't see them all over eBay or anything.

suphuckers said:
Well, all I'll say is this... From what I've read of what Bruce has said... It is his desire that Synergy be backwards compatible. Meaning that any existing module will still work in a new Synergy unit. I would be shocked :shock: if any of the new Synergy modules worked (Properly) in an M4. I guess anything is possible, but they would be fools if they built it that way.

See, I'd be shocked :shock: if they made the Synergy modules NON-compatible with M4, MOD50, MOD100. Limiting your market, of the highest profit margin product (the module), to people that buy into the new system when you already have a customer base to market it to? THAT seems like bad business to me. Basically, you're saying they don't want to sell me modules and I can't believe that. I guess one of us is going to have their pants blown off. That is if this system ever sees the light of day.

suphuckers said:
Unless they simply don't think there's enough M4's out there to be concerned with. That is a possibility I suppose. I mean I don't see them all over eBay or anything.

They were never in mass production and only built to order. I'd guess there were less than 1000 built ever, maybe less than 500?

MarcoR said:
drewiv said:
Just bite the bullet, be a man and buy an M4. ;) :lol:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165068
*No affiliation or prior business with linked Rig Talk member.

He sold it! Wonder what he dropped the price to?

I saw it sold, thank goodness. I was (stupidly) considering it myself. I wonder myself what it sold for because I certainly would have been a player at $1500, but I could never bring myself to lowball someone like that.

MarcoR said:
suphuckers said:
Unless they simply don't think there's enough M4's out there to be concerned with. That is a possibility I suppose. I mean I don't see them all over eBay or anything.

They were never in mass production and only built to order. I'd guess there were less than 1000 built ever, maybe less than 500?

I'd guess well under 500. I have no idea and it's just a wild stab in the dark, but think about how long it took to build that last lot of 25 (?). Are we counting the MOD amps as well?

suphuckers said:
...and of course now that I bought one, Matt is selling 2 and Rob is selling an RM1250... How do you make the picture of the guy holding his head? LoL

I'd guess well under 500. I have no idea and it's just a wild stab in the dark, but think about how long it took to build that last lot of 25 (?).
Drew, Are you sure that last run of M4s about 2 years ago was only 25 units? I would have thought more. Is that just a guess or have you heard it from the source?

Hernando04 said:
I'd guess well under 500. I have no idea and it's just a wild stab in the dark, but think about how long it took to build that last lot of 25 (?).
Drew, Are you sure that last run of M4s about 2 years ago was only 25 units? I would have thought more. Is that just a guess or have you heard it from the source?

No, I'm not 100%. The reason I said 25 is because Bruce had me quote the chassis for the run and he asked me to quote 25. He certainly could have had more built as he went with his original source.

Latest posts