MTS lineup changes for 2015

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
For starters, the Jaded Faith Mods family would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and wish you all the best for 2015. We have a lot in the works and this will be a very exciting year of growth for us.

On 12/2/14, we announced that there would be changes made to out MTS mod line up starting in 2015 (see our post here: http://jadedfaithmods.tumblr.com/post/104162676390/12-2-14). We have reviewed our sales figures and looked at known opportunities to improve on existing products. We also took into consideration the concerns our customers have voiced regarding the trend of loading MTS mods with excessive amounts of options that drove prices upward while making them harder to dial in. We have decided to streamline our product line with an emphasis on tone, minimal overlap, optimized designs, ease of use and maximum value.

Effective 2/1/15, the following changes will be made to our MTS product line:

1: The Grail Tone will be retuned, simplified, renamed and priced accordingly. It will no longer have the Variac Switch (hardwired in the ?ON? position) or the Presence knob.

2: The following mods will be discontinued and eventually replaced:
- Trilogy
- OD Special
- Erect
- 59RR Custom
- Brahma #39
- PlexiTweed
- Texas Special
- Twox

The focus here will be on streamlining these mods with decreased overlap (an example being the large number of Marshall mods), providing improved ease-of-use, taking a no-compromise design approach (for example, the Twox will be replaced with two separate modules focused exclusively on a Tweed Bassman and a clean AC30) and improved/updated designs for older mods (such as the Trilogy, OD Special and Erect).

3: The following mods will be discontinued with no current plans to replace or update:
- SVP
- Numbnutz
- XMG+
- QuickMod GT
- HW-103 Classic

We will be taking orders for all of these mods through 2/1/15. After that date they will all be considered discontinued and no longer available. Please note that the replacement mods will be all-new designs. As such, they are not considered ?updates? and we will not be offering revision services on the older mods which they replaced. We will be updating our website with the replacement products as applicable and available.

Please email [email protected] to place orders or with any questions you may have.

I just want to throw in here (Not that this comment will change your business model/plans) that I personally like some of the overlap, and I also tend to prefer modules with (what seems like excessive) options/switches.

Some of my favorite tones are on modules that have extra tight/voice/gain switching options, and I like many of the settings that would probably be phased out on "simpler easier to dial in modules". IMO it's what makes this platform great. To simplify modules would make it much less desirable to me. I'd much rather have a module with some overlap and a switch on it that would get me another tone, then to have to swap out the entire module. If I need 20 modules and I'm switching them out every other song, I may as well just get 5 amps. If I can't get at least 2, and I'd even really much prefer modules with 3 separate distinct "sounds", it's probably going to end up on the shelf or eBay

I own and have played many of your modules Rob (some you know about and some you don't). You already know about that ODS that has that extra 3way switch on it. It's that 3rd position that my other ODS doesn't have, that I like the best on that module. I also have a Trilogy. I love all of the options on it. It's a great module. There's something about the tone of it that I wish were different (It would require quite a bit of discussion to try to make the specifics clear). That tone issue has nothing to do with all the different options that it has. In fact I have put many modules on the shelf for the simple fact that they don't have enough options. The trilogy was put on the shelf because of the tone issue I just mentioned, but the options and range that it has, almost kept it in amp. ..and I own several others, but those should get the point across.

To clarify, options will still be on the replacements but not for the sake of adding one in every available position to satisfy an arms race for more. Each design has it's quality options that are very useful and add flexibility. It's the ones that don't bring a lot to the table that are in question.

Jaded Faith said:
To clarify, options will still be on the replacements but not for the sake of adding one in every available position to satisfy an arms race for more. Each design has it's quality options that are very useful and add flexibility. It's the ones that don't bring a lot to the table that are in question.

Gotcha' :)

I own an XMG and it's one of my favorite modules. Certainly was deserving of more attention.

Personally, I like as many options as possible in a module. The flexibility to shape the low end, mids, voicing or a boost adds a lot of value for me.

Excited to see what 2015 brings 8)

The new stuff will trickle in over the next two months. I always get slammed with repair work in January right after the holidays are over and this year is no exception. Couple that, the large quantity of MTS orders for soon to be discontinued mods and the arrival of a daughter a week ago and my plate is beyond full.

Three or four should be pretty quick to market because they are similar to exceptional custom mods I have done. An example of a mod that followed that same path to market was the Vybe Deluxe, which is the best seller of the past two years and gets a lot of love.

Congrats on the family addition Rob!

I am looking at the super aggressive models to add one in that vein to my collection. I always liked the original 5150s so that type of module is on consideration.
I may end up going back to your Cali-Lead as for all the high gain mods I have tried I really liked the tightness, big yet punchy low end and the aggressive bite it has.

Thank you so much for all the kind words gents. She truly is my finest creation. If the need arises during her teen years, I'll probably modify her... :lol:

It will be. I'm still working like mad to catch up on work from the week closure when my daughter was born six weeks ago. I have no idea what happened this year, but after Christmas every guitarist in a 75 mile radius can out with broken gear.

Might start on the PCB design next week if possible.

That's cool. I may be getting back into playing with a band and I am going to need a way to volume boost for leads.
Seems the STEP would be my best bet.