Sweetwater Egnater 45 Watt Head ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEACH

Reaction score
Hi I was checking through Sweetwater amp head section the other day and
noticed a special Egnater 45 Head made specially for Sweetwater is anyone
using one ? I,m kinda interested in getting information on this,thanks.

From what I gather it's very close to the same thing (if not the same) as an Egnater Seminar amp. Great amp, if that is indeed what it is.

Marco has one of those SW45's. IIRC, it's his favorite amp. PM him if he doesn't spot this post soon, I'm sure he'll tell ya all about it!

No, mine's the Seminar amp. They're probably voiced similar but it looks a bit different. The problem is the same with both though; two great channels that ARE NOT foot switchable. The A/B box trick won?t work either. I?m looking at getting a Mojo Tone or Hoffman relay switcher circuit to mod my amp if I can find the time.

Bruce did send me instructions to convert the sensitivity footswitch (not available on the SW45) to change channels but from what I can tell by looking at it, there would be level inconsistencies between the channels and you?d have to compromise the gain and master volume to balance it out.

Thanks MarcoR ya the Sweetwater amp is non-footswitchable as far as I can
tell hope someone here pops for one,I,d feel better,don,t know how long they have been in the Sweetwater inventory almost pulled the trigger but think I,ll wait a bit !

MarcoR said:
No, mine's the Seminar amp. They're probably voiced similar but it looks a bit different. The problem is the same with both though; two great channels that ARE NOT foot switchable. The A/B box trick won?t work either. I?m looking at getting a Mojo Tone or Hoffman relay switcher circuit to mod my amp if I can find the time.

Bruce did send me instructions to convert the sensitivity footswitch (not available on the SW45) to change channels but from what I can tell by looking at it, there would be level inconsistencies between the channels and you?d have to compromise the gain and master volume to balance it out.

I think this would be a HUGE issue. It is a great amp overall. It would be near perfect if it was footswitchable, but I'm thinking that's a bigger project than I'm capable of considering channel volumes, etc.

I used to think that I had to have 2 separate channels to do everything, but as I progress as a player I am really coming to appreciate the use of the guitar's volume controls as a way to get clean/crunch tones. . . Then pedals for the rest.