JF Snakebite Issue

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmetal14

Reaction score
A while back I was saying my Snakebite was noisier than I thought it should be. Well, the problem kept getting worse. I have tried it in different slots in my RM-100 as well as trying it in a different RM-100. I have also tried two different sets of tubes in it. My other high gain modules sound good.

Here is a video I took with my phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s-6gbtWgHY

Any ideas?

I swapped tubes out of my Ubersonic and the Snakebite still sounded like that the Ubersonic sounded like its supposed to. I also bought the tube you recommended me originally when I was having the issue and tried it.

Hmmm, sucks. Yeah I dunno. I'd say if the tubes work in the uber they should work in the snakebite. I bought some sovtec tubes a few months ago on a trial and they made one of my modules sound exactly like that though. Does it sound like that if you turn the volume back? I'm at work and I really can't see the dials on the module or anything on my phone.

Rob will probably have some better ideas.

Anyways, pretty sucky.

Its that way no matter the volume or any of the settings.

I will contact Rob next week I am leaving town tomorrow morning and wont be back until Monday. I just thought I would check on here and see if anyone had any suggestions I may have missed to keep me from looking stupid. :?

I was trying to remember what tubes we talked about. I think we talked about a JAN tube and a TungSol. Were you running the TungSol's? If you put one of those old JAN tubes in, put it in the V1 slot not the V2. When you said it was noisy before I never imagined you meant the kind of noise that's in that video. Something is def seriously wrong there. Make sure you take a scientific approach to changing the tubes around.

That module is broken and it's not the tubes. Sounds like you have either fried switching circuitry or a failing power supply. Usually that's a result of an arc in the connector in your amp if a module is hot swapped or a slot is dirty and conductive. Either way, it needs to come in for a repair and isn't something a user can troubleshoot.

Right out of the box, I'm going with tubes being a contributing factor:

image_1.jpg
[/URL][/img]

dsmetal14 said:
That may be the case Rob, but I think there is something else wrong too because I did try the tubes out of my Kh-1 and 1086.

Oh absolutely. I put fresh tubes in it and tested it a few minutes ago. It's definitely going to be a repair to the switching system. I could see arcing on the gold traces that insert into the amp as soon as I opened it and kind of knew where the issues would be.

I'm checking in a ton of work right now and will be in touch by phone or email as soon as I have all the details with a cost estimate for the repairs.