I'm going to take lessons!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoR

Reaction score
I figured I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on gear and it might be a good idea to actually invest some in my playing. I know crazy right?

I don't know if any of you have heard of Michael Fath; he used to write lessons/articles for a few guitar magazines and was on the "Hot Licks" series of instructional tapes back in the late 80s and early 90s and numerous instrumental CDs.

So he was/is a world renowned player and I had the pleasure of playing on stage with him a few times when he sat in with my old band Y-Not?!. He recorded an intro and a couple solos on our CD (we were signed under the same label (at the time this was very hard on my ego, just say'n)).

Anyway, fast forward 20 years and we re-connected and will begin lessons!

I'm really excited as I've never had any instruction and feel like I'm missing a few pieces of the puzzle. Wish me luck!

I think I know who that guy is Marco, and I might also know Y-Not. A lot of those way back years are blurry LoL. That's pretty interesting though. We're not that far away from each other on the map. Interested to see how it all goes. I'm all for getting better/more skills. I think I just need to put in the time (sooner rather than later I'm going to do just that) and not so much take a lesson, but I'm curious how this works out for you.

I bought his VHS tape back and the day and learned a few things from it. I haven't heard that name in forever. Good for you for taking lessons!

Jaded Faith said:
It's about time you got some lessons, I am about sick of your lousy playing...
HA!

I remember reading about Michael in the mags back in the day. As a poor high school student, I couldn't afford to import albums from the states back then so I never got to hear him play. That was the problem with a lot with the great new talents you'd read about in guitar magazines. Unless Guitar Player put them on a sound page, it could be really difficult to find their music over here. From the columns & articles I read though, Fath seemed like an interesting & unique player. Might have to use this interwebz thingy to check out his playing now that you've placed him back on my radar