Your most versatile single channel module...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome.

The funny thing is that we live on the left coast in the SF Bay Area, and MTS does not exist out here (at least it didn't way back in 2007), so when I first heard about MTS and wanted to try it way back when I couldn't find anything from Vancouver to LA?

Perhaps this is an additional reason why Randall failed with MTS, no marketing at all on the west coast?

Other Randall stuff was out here, but no Randall or Egnater MTS stuff, so we were literally forced to build our own as I didn't feel like paying a bunch of money and shipping costs on the bigger MTS pieces without hearing them first.

Obviously once we got into building the RM-2 we could customize as we wanted and even recieved help from Bruce to make it dual-module aware. We also assured Bruce that we wouldn't ever become competition to him (and we won't).

Here are the other modules we've built, relatively accurate versions of the Vox AC30TB, HiWatt DR-103, Orange OR-120, Matchless Chieftain, Marshall Super Lead, and Fender Deluxe (accurate within the confines of MTS of course).

The KH-3 is a doner and will become a Dumble ODS one of these days, and again thanks to Sacred Groove for the faceplates!

In any case I'm thrilled that Bruce and the other OEM's are going forward with Synergy/MTS, as it's the best way to get modeler functionality with "real" tube tone!

Modules.jpg

Spencer4hire said:
That is a very cool setup! Thanks for posting it.

They play like the real deals "almost", in that they're a little softer dynamically as all MTS is due to V1 in the chassis, but I prefer that aspect of MTS so it works for me.

I typically use a Two Notes Torpedo CAB for tube power amp sims, and either the Torpedo or the Axe FX for cab sims when going DI'd (no cab sims when using real guitar cabs). The rig can feed FOH with cab sims, and power guitar cabs on stage at the same time if desired.

The Torpedoe's tube power amp sims are very good. They allow the rack to be lightweight (30lbs in it's 4U rolling rack since the RM-2's 50W Class A power amp is solid state), and they provide great tube power section tone at any SPL (no load, attenuator, or sweet spot hassles, and included are various tube types including single-ended@push-pull/triode@pentode versions of EL34's, EL84's, KT-88's, and 6L6's).

Sure, 50W of solid state power isn't a lot, but it's always been loud enough for my needs, and if it ever isn't I have addional solid state power amps.

For those with high powered heads needing low SPL tone, the Torpedo's tube power amp sims can work for you in your FX Loop too (crush your virtual tube power amp and use your head's tube power section for clean power without "sweet spot" SPL hassles).

withmittens said:
that's pretty cool. can;t help but wonder how they play

Latest posts