HELP AMP DOESN'T WORK!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezGuy88

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a MTS for almost half a year now and I had an important gig, I mean I was opening up for Testament that kinda big gig. And the **** amp didn't work on me. I came home and messed around with it. In conclusion, I have no volume at all, as in the only way I could hear anything is if I max out both the master and channel volume, I hear the amp JUST a bit. I connect everything correctly for my brother's Peavey head works just fine. What happened to my amp!? :(

You may want to check the "pusher" tube-usually a 12ax7,on a tube amp they push the preamp signal into the power amp section-that happened to me one time when I owned a 5150,stuck a new one in and bam,it worked fine.

are you sure your cab connection was made into the "main" output? I know one time I wasn't paying attention and I plugged it in to the "extension" output, and the results were EXACTLY as you described.

Once I got up to 3 o' clock, with very little volume, I knew something was up.

IbanezGuy88 Did ya get it fixed ?
If so, what was the problem with it bro??? :)

Na it never got fixed. I took it to a guy and he said,"It looks to me like it's a very BIG problem due to the fact that I recieved the schematics and I can't seem to find the problem." He had my amp for nearly 2 months. SO... I decided that I'm stuck with two options if you guys can help me. I loved the RM100 but I hear that the T2 head is WAY more suited to metal for my taste.
Option 1 is that I rebuy another RM100 head.
Option 2 is that I buy the T2 head.
Which one is better, for I have NO way of trying out a T2.

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you are having. . 2 months is waaaaaaaayyyyyy to long to wait to get you amp fixed, especially if the amp is new and under warranty. Can you shoot me a PM w/ what service center you used AND if your amp is under warranty? If we can get it fixed under warranty I?ll speak w/ Doug about getting you amp here to fix and turn around quickly.

There is a new dealer called The Axe Shop that is just opening up in Northridge, CA that is going to have V2?s, T2?s, every MTS amp, and all of the modules. They are also going to have almost all of the cabs as well. I don?t know if their near you, but defiantly worth checking out. Let me know your zip code as well and I can try to find a dealer that has one that may be near you.

What about me.......
I bought my amp from music 123..online
It worked about 2 weeks..
it's been dead ever since..
Exact same problem as your amp - that I am having...
The sound is barely comming out..
My warranty is void - due to the fact I bought it in the states..
any help....
boo..
Now the amp sits..
And yes it sat at the local repair for 2 months on the bench too..
They couldn't figure out the problem....

IMG_2037.jpg
:roll:

Unfortunately my hands are kinda tied w/ Canada since I only work w/ US dealers. From what I understand, this item would not be under warranty since you didn?t purchase it from a Canadian dealer. HOWEVER, Music 123 should honor the warranty on the products they sell. If you contact them, they should be able to help you out. If you do take the amp to a Randall warranty service center in Canada, they should be able to figure the problem out and our customer service team will work w/ to get them the materials they need to fix your amp.

Latest posts