Randall RM50 - Master Volume Boost problem...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Easy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm experiencing an issue, which I think might be related to the master volume boost cicruit. The amp randomly and without warning goes full-whack and requires either a switch in and out of standby, or sometimes a complete power-cycle to reset. I don't have a footswitch connected to the jack, so it's not an issue there. Anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas what might be causing it?

Cheers.

Mattfig said:
Hey Joe,

I would start by cleaning the footswitch in with some deoxit...But I am not sure I fully understand your problem...

Good place to start nonetheless...

I don't have a footswitch attached, so it is nothing relating to that...I have used a footswitch in the past just to test the feature, and when I engage it, the result is the same as the intermittent problem I am experiencing; master volume goes to full.

Even if you don't use it, clean the MVB jack. Just spray a plug with some type of contact cleaner and plug in and out a few times. Repeat a few times.

warlok said:
Even if you don't use it, clean the MVB jack. Just spray a plug with some type of contact cleaner and plug in and out a few times. Repeat a few times.

Hi there, yes, I made contact with Rob at Jaded Faith who recommended the same. It appears to have worked.

Cheers.