10 new modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from the amp show and had a chance to run through them all. All I can say is wow! Rob did a great job on these guys. The thing that really struck me is how different they all sounded from each other. These were not subtle shades, but really fundamental differences. I think Rob mentioned that there are a total of 10 different EQ topologies out of the 14 modules. I imagine there is something here for everyone. I myself am a low to medium gain guy (my main module is the Egnater SL2) and would probably make use of at least half of the offerings.

The two modules that stood out the most for my tastes and that filled some missing gaps in my arsenal were the Superpro and OD-2. The funny thing is that I'm not much of a Supro or Dumble guy. I've even played a real Dumble and wasn't that impressed. I think Rob captured the essence of these amps, while getting rid of some of the junky and farty aspects of their tone that has kept me away from these styles in the past. Other hits for me were the MKC+ and the J-Plex. I left him my plexi module as a donor and placed my order for a Superpro. Rob commented on how my face lit up when he dialed in the Superpro. :D

About time someone did a Mesa Mark IIC+. As legendary as that amp is supposed to be. I'm definitely interested that one as well as a few others.

This is so awesome, Rob! Big congrats!

Are you still offering brand new donor modules?

Yep. I am going to pick up at least one of these to start. Then another soon to follow I am sure.

I am glad to see the Blackout made the list...we went through about three runs of tweaks on a grail donor until we nailed it. The faceplate is a huge improvement over my rugged dremeled-out grail plate. Now its back on my list of absolutely gonna buy as soon as I get a chance.

Jaymzrock said:
I am glad to see the Blackout made the list...we went through about three runs of tweaks on a grail donor until we nailed it. The faceplate is a huge improvement over my rugged dremeled-out grail plate. Now its back on my list of absolutely gonna buy as soon as I get a chance.
It's actually redesigned and improved. Every one of the new releases are a completely fresh design from the ground up.

Jaded Faith said:
Jaymzrock said:
It's actually redesigned and improved. Every one of the new releases are a completely fresh design from the ground up.
hey Rob whats the difference with ya new blackout compared to the old one

Jaded Faith said:
Jaymzrock said:

I'm working on the webpages now, but in the meantime it's focused on the Rev C and D ("Pre-500") versions. More raw and aggressive.

Emperor-TK said:
I think Rob captured the essence of these amps, while getting rid of some of the junky and farty aspects of their tone that has kept me away from these styles in the past. Other hits for me were the MKC+ and the J-Plex. I left him my plexi module as a donor and placed my order for a Superpro. Rob commented on how my face lit up when he dialed in the Superpro. :D

on vintage amps it's often the 'farty' aspect of the sound that IS the character of that amp. If you remove the character in preference of a cleaner or tighter sound, refined....then you have yourself an entirely different experience.

For me it's the grunt and dirtiness that makes a vintage amp

I'm certainly not saying these new mods are not wonderful, I'm absolutely sure that they are. I'm just talking about vintage amps.....

Check out Rob's Facebook page for a new video clip of George Lynch performing live with the new J-Plex!
It sounds awesome!

I can't decide between JF's Super Clean, 5F6JFM: Fender 5F6 Bassman or Twintone: Fender Twin Reverb for a clean module. I like the sound of Robs creation and the fact that it will distort slightly with gain at 10. Anybody got any advice?