MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GSP1101
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad there meat.

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
suphuckers
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yeah it was -Zer0 effort (as per usual for me LoL) but I was very surprised at the tone in the recording with the GSP1101. I think I was using an EM12 Legend speaker impulse. I was also playing through 2 modules at once. Pretty crazy s*&t LoL

59' Sears Wish Book Cowboy Guitar w/ Christmas Box, AXL Acoustic Guitar Pickup w/ E-pin Jack, Marshall MS-2 1/2 Stack Classic. ohhh, and some modules.
Corium_AZ
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meat...

Budda Superdrive 45, Orange Rocker 30, Zinky 4x12, '72 Deluxe Tele and MIJ Greco LP Custom
suphuckers
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's the final verdict. For what I paid for this thing it's pretty damn awesome. It might be messing with the tone slightly, but it's not so bad that it's unusable. Most of it could probably be tweaked out. The effects are "OK", and I suppose I could use some of them. I own a Supernatural which is also Digitech, and I hoped that the 1101 would have a lot of the same Verb's in it. It's not nearly as good as the Supernatural. It does have some similar stuff in it though. I also used to use a Digitech ISP-33 once upon a time, I still own it, and I was excited to read that the 1101 had that effect built in. The 1101 only does single harmonies (the original did dual), and it's OK, but it's a shadow of the original effect. The Gate isn't too bad, it's usable. Some of the delays are OK etc. They are good effects, they are just pretty plain and bland. That would be a good way to describe them. I guess "It's aight" HaHa Awesome for the price, mediocre without considering the price. I'll probably still use it, but the effects aren't going to cut it for a lot of stuff for me.

59' Sears Wish Book Cowboy Guitar w/ Christmas Box, AXL Acoustic Guitar Pickup w/ E-pin Jack, Marshall MS-2 1/2 Stack Classic. ohhh, and some modules.
suphuckers
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. The GSP is slowly working it's way back out of my rig. I unhooked it today. Not 100% sure I'll hook it back up. I figured out a much better switching option, and unfortunately the effects just couldn't hang in there for me.

suphuckers
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to mention to anyone that stumbles on this at some point. I restored the GSP1101 to the original firmware (Before I threw it in the trash) I think the original firmware is much better. There are a lot of options that the new firmware offered, but... well... they pretty much didn't work properly. It has less functionality with the original firmware, but it actually works much better. It's still in my rack, and it has some uses (Playing with headphones while people are sleeping is one of them) It's out of the loop as far as my playing rig goes though. Little chance it'll get back in there. Now if I can just keep myself from buying those $1400 worth of effects I wanted lmao.

KillCourtney
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold one of these. It was overrated. Cautiously becoming a Digitech fan again. Only there new pedals though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Other Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: