A place for KT88s in MTS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
For years I have disliked the tone of larger glass in my MTS rigs....I have finally found a use....

My Salvo Selma has a Bass option just like the 60s Selmer Amps....I used it with my RM100 into 2 Ampeg cabs...The result was a crazy good bass tone that will become my goto Bass recording sound from now on....

KT88s sound perfect with this setup...EL34s just sounded weak....Didn't try 6L6 yet....

That is all....This place is so slow I figured I'd post something....

6L6 with the Selma is killer. especially those old Black Plate RCA's, but the Selmer was EL34 I think. Selma with 6L6 seems like it would be closer to a Twin sound? I'll compare with my Twinface when i get it

Is this the only KT88 use you've found? I've heard KT88 in Orange and Hiwatt is awesome. does the Randall amp just not react the same way? Someone on this forum told me the amp was nearly a Fender Super Reverb.

I mostly run a pair of KT88's in my RM100's, normally with EL34's, love the combo for anything heavy - just works for me :D

I feel the power amp has a lot to do with how KT88s feel. By far, my old VHT 2|90|2 played them the best. In a Randall RM100 they don't sound great, but can be matched with a pair of EL34s with pretty decent results. They sound better in in an Egnater MOD100 than in my previous Randall amplifiers, but I still prefer to mix them with a pair of EL34s. This topic made me realize I have not tried KT88s with my newly acquired, fully loaded Jaded Faith RM100, I'm going to have to pop a quad in and see if it comes close to the VHT 2|90|2.