JCM 800 Clean Channel Module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atrosion

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the forum... I've been lurking for a few years now.

I'm a big Smashing Pumpkins fan (which is the band that got me into MTS) and I'm trying to find a module that can do a good JCM 800 clean tone to replicate the tone on Siamese Dream.

I have heard the fuzz tone on that album was an op-amp based Big Muff hitting a JCM 800 2203 clean channel set as clean as possible and then really working KT88's in the power section.

I have a JCM 800 with KT88's... But it has been Cascade modded to be a single channel. And I have tried out a few 800-based modules, but they all seem to focus on the modded/high gain side of that amp.

I also have a '74 Big Muff (V3?), but it sounds way too mean if hitting a gainy-preamp.

I seem to only like to pay premium for high(er) gain modules and have been very disappointed with the cheap cleans I've got off ebay.

Thanks and rock on!

I'd write one of the modders about a custom mod. I'm sure any of them would know exactly what you're wanting Seems like DuoPlex would work well. I can get pretty clean with it and it has JCM800 mode. It was designed to be a true Plexi. It;s not wired for gain, although it does have plenty at the higher settings

welll, here's a crappy little clip using a SM57 just off the coil. I brought the gain down and took it off Stacked. JCM800 is on, treble rolled back, gain at around 10 o'clock.

Les Paul used, sorry

https://soundcloud.com/it-happens-to-me-and-you/duoplex-clean

glad it was helpful. I hate my fuzz. i tried a clip with the same settings and it sounds like ****. it sounds great with overdrives and probably the right fuzz. I just get nasally feedback and mush with any mod and the fuzz.

I am having the same issue... Fuzz is a beast to tackle. It seems to take me forever to dial it in, and the same settings react in an unusable manner the next day. Very hard to get smooth air on top without the tone getting thin.

You have a very cool selection of mods, withmittens!

I think the fuzz I need, if I really need one, is the Algal Bloom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4HUnHHBiRk

it's more of an overdrive but gets fuzzy

I have Fuzzhugger Great Wall and Wolf Computer. Every time I loan them out they come back "broken"... I plug them in and tell my friends to put their wallets away... They are suppose to sound like that! The Algae Bloom looks a lot tamer. The Wolf Computer is actually ridiculous as hell... No matter what you play random garbage comes out... Even the "rhythm" is random!

Definitely excited to try out a Duoplex!